Trinity Force / Lichbane / Frozen Mallet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

incisive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2010

If you have Trinity Force, then buy Lichbane, does this negate the 'on next attack' effect produced by Trinity Force? The Lichbane icon comes up but not the Trinity Force sheen icon.

Also, does the slow from Trinity Force mix well with Frozen Mallet? -- or does it then become worthless?

gun fu panda

03-11-2010

All I can say is...why would you ever do any of that?

Otherwise, it's an interesting question.

GuyGin

03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post

Actually makes me wonder if sheen stacks with lichbane.

Also frozen mallet would sort of stack with trinity, but it would kind of defeat the purpose in part of trinity force slow as every hit would slow.

Bladee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2010

No, it only triggers 1 (i think it is the last item you bought), so if you buy a trinity force, then a lich bane.. the lich bane effect will trigger.. the frozen mallet effect will always trigger because is a 100% chance, not like trinity that is a (50% chance was it)

incisive

03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post

It's just a question to clarify some item mechanics, which I did not understand; however, if Trinity Force and Lichbane did stack, you could be doing heavy first hit damage after switching stances with Udyr.

Zirun

03-11-2010

Only one Sheen-like effect (Sheen, Lich Bane, Trinity Force) can be procced. I believe the precedence is Lich Bane > Trinity Force > Sheen. I believe it is actually technically possible for more than one of these items to proc on certain attacks, though. Somebody posted some screenshots a while ago of this happening, but I haven't tried it myself and haven't seen anything about it since, so I can't confirm.

Slows from items do no stack. Only the strongest slow (I believe Trinity Force is a stronger slow than Frozen Mallet) will take effect at any one time. Say, for example, there's a slow from both Trinity Force and Frozen Mallet on a person. The Trinity Force slow is, say, 35% for 2 seconds and the Frozen Mallet slow is 25% for 5 seconds (they aren't, but let's just pretend they are). Barring any reapplications, the opponent will be slowed by 35% for the first two seconds and then 25% for the remaining 3 seconds on the Frozen Mallet slow.

wildfire393

03-11-2010

Sheen effects do not stack. You get the highest up of Lichbane > Trinity > Sheen if you have more than one.

Item Slows do not stack. If you have multiples of FM/Phage/Trinity/Rylais, each can put a debuff on the target but only the strongest one will apply at any given time.

So let's say you hit them with Jax's Empowered attack with a Rylai's and a Frozen Mallet. He'll suffer 35% slow for 2 seconds from Rylai's and (it doesn't actually list the numbers for Frozen, so) let's call it 50% and 1 second from Frozen Mallet. For the first second, they will suffer a 50% slow, and for the second second they will suffer from a 35% slow.

incisive

03-11-2010

Thanks all ^_^