Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Building Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breakz

05-10-2011

dorans blade > sheen > ionian boots > brutalizer > triforce > madreds > youmuu > survival itens.

ZestyJesty

05-10-2011

Quote:
Yillin:
I don't think she really needs aspd because of the fact that all of her attacks+auto attacks add a count to her W. auto attack, tumble attack, autoattack. boom you already procced it once. Plus tumble has a really short cooldown. I think it would be more prevalent to stack AD.

especially considering that tumble resets her auto-attack cooldown.

Reather1

05-10-2011

Quote:
PAMaster:
Triforce is obviously the core here, and rightly so. The slow and MS combined with the proc on the low cooldown roll, her passive, and any summoners you might have mean that you'd be extremely good for picks.

Youmuu's might be a bit excessive, given her already notable MS boosts and the AS that her other abilities give in the first place. Possible build from avarice blade, if she gets shut down in the laning phase.

The biggest problem I see for Vayne is getting CC'd in teamfights (as with any carry). But the new Tenacity stat could definitely benefit her with the Cloak and Dagger, if needed. Banshee's would help with this as well.

Cloak will be bad if you want something to do that you just get mercs. all those new tenacity items need to build into something better cause they are really average items

mana montana

05-10-2011

yes but when you can do over 8% someones max hp in true damage almost every single 1 second attack speed is worth in. on top of madreds dmg and other dmg
just think of being able to kill someone with 10k hp in like 6 seconds

you do not need to build allchamps just 1 way. obviously a triforce build is great. but its not really a sustained dmg build. being that tanky dps champs are so popular its not uncommon to see a whole team with over 3k hp. and attack speed will rip them up hard core as her w makes her super anti tank.

Unknown Pleasure

05-10-2011

i really like
dorans shield or the new tenacity philostone to start.
triforce is a must, synergizes so well with her q.
then a brutalizer for a lil extra arpen + cd
then either an IE, or a black cleaver depending on the composition
rest survival (veil + randuins or something). usually mercs treads if i dont get the tenacity philostone, ionian boots if i do.

game is usually over by the time i build tri force tho.

Azriel

05-10-2011

Quote:
Bonegnasher:
In my limited experience, rushing sheen/triforce isn't the best idea. Her base damage is VERY low for a carry, so the procs really don't hit for that much until you get some AD items. Next time I roll with her, I'm going to try getting an early brutalizer before I pick up my sheen.

I believe sheen scales off your base damage so any AD items you buy will not effect the sheen proc.

Lord Jimmycap

05-10-2011

I can most definitely agree with the Tri-Force and BT combo. The Phantom Dancer is completely unnecessary though, she has the constant evade on a 2 second CD, she doesn't need MS. Wit's End will definitely give survivability vs mages and adds to the true damage she does. But if you can play her well, all you really need is one bulk item and thats BV.