Building Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harbin

05-09-2011

Just some theorycrafting here, but it is my personal opinion she should be built like a tanky dps/as autoattacker. Her skills encourage closing with the enemy, giving her significant speed getting into range, then booting them out of harass range/tumbling behind them and booting them toward allies. You also have an ability that does a passive percentage of their health as true damage. If this is so, then you would want to utilize this to the maximum, grabbing AS/Tanky items, such as Wit's End, Zeal, Youmuu's, or Triforce.

Seeing as how her abilities encourage getting into range and hitting them with DPS, she has evasion methods after she closes. If her knockback has lower than a 15 or so second cooldown, depending on how decent it is, it's both a cc and a reposition. So, why not abuse her and utilize these abilities in a ranged/tank sort of manner.

Justifications:
Why do this when you could build her DPS carry? You generally build Nocturne as a tanky dps because he has a damage boosters and an AS booster to better utilize his passive and his skill-based damage boosters. When a carry has a passive damage booster, you want to build them tankier because they can afford to. (Teemo utilizes this, Olaf does, Nasus does, Xin Zhao does.) In contrast, carries with AS boosters generally build DPS in order to enhance their AS steroid. DPS items that offer tankiness are far fewer, and they get more out of their AS steroid with an IE/Black Cleaver/etc.

I propose that she's built with items like these:
Bloodrazors
Wriggle's Lantern
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Atma's Impaler
Wit's End (especially with the sexy new one)
Banshee's Veil
Triforce

and so on. Not particularly those items as core or anything. If anything, I'll probably build her sheen into triforce into wit's end into banshee's veil/atmas.

Just a proposition to keep in mind, I quite think a tanky Vayne would work very well, especially depending on her stats/ability damage.

PAMaster

05-09-2011

Triforce is obviously the core here, and rightly so. The slow and MS combined with the proc on the low cooldown roll, her passive, and any summoners you might have mean that you'd be extremely good for picks.

Youmuu's might be a bit excessive, given her already notable MS boosts and the AS that her other abilities give in the first place. Possible build from avarice blade, if she gets shut down in the laning phase.

The biggest problem I see for Vayne is getting CC'd in teamfights (as with any carry). But the new Tenacity stat could definitely benefit her with the Cloak and Dagger, if needed. Banshee's would help with this as well.

Bozosaurus

05-09-2011

I think I'm gonna run triforce, bloodthirster, banshees, (not sure which boots prolly mercs), phantom dancer, and Last whisper

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

phantom dancer to get the W going.

Harbin

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyOFtheVoid View Post
phantom dancer to get the W going.
I don't believe you need phantom dancers. Wit's End is about roughly the same in ASPD, just 15% less, and gives you MR and magic damage on hit. I doubt the crit damage is worth the effort, in contrast.

Daikaze

05-10-2011

I'm leaning towards a crit build + Sheen. Tumble for the extra damage to amplify that crit. Even better that it resets the auto-attack so you can double crit.

Draghinaazzo

05-10-2011

Im playing her as a critplank. It's hilariously fun

Maji

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

She can be other AD or Crit and be viable. As long as she has some sort of movement speed boost item (IE Trinity/Swiftness/PD). Her escape and mobility are what make her dangerous. Gonna try Trinity/PD/IE combo and just see the fun.

Anaryan

05-10-2011

Probably gonna build her similar to teemo's build.
Her range is pretty short for a ranged carry, so I probably gonna need some defensive item.
Either get Triforce, one AS item and go for tanky items, or don't go Triforce at all and get two or three AS items and go tanky.
I don't think crit's that good since none of the skill works well with crit. In fact, if you build her around crit, you'd be too squishy.
Just not sure if bonus damage from sheen proc is more than getting another AS item and aim for W damage.
Either way, glass cannon would be bad idea even with survivability from Q and E, just 'cause her range is so short and easy to be cc'ed

Edit: Actually, with such short CD on her Q, I think it might be better go AD and go tanky. you won't need much AS I think since her Q resets autoattack anyway

Draghinaazzo

05-10-2011

with IE BT and triforce, i was critting for like 1.1k