Viegar's Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labarge

08-29-2009

Personally I dislike that the ult is extremely situational and borderline useless against some champions until you've stacked up so much AP that your Dark Matter does more anyway. In the end it works wonderfully, I just find that it's hardly worth using until then. I guess you can argue he's a late game champion though, so whatever.

A more genuine problem I have with the ability is that, for the Tiny Master of Evil, it's an extremely lackluster ability. A single target nuke with a hardly noticeable animation with an effect identical to his smaller, non-ult ability (5 AP for a champion kill)? Honestly thank god it hits like a truck on some champs because the only satisfaction I get from this ability is watching their health bar disappear. You look at someone like Karthas or Fiddlesticks and you see ults that are appropriately devastating when used in the right situations. They can wipe out entire teams. The best Veigar can pull off with his ult is a quick single target kill.

Again, I'm not saying his ult isn't powerful enough endgame, I'm just saying it's kinda, well, dull.

Vukasa

08-29-2009

You can make it 300% more fun if you yell out Ha-do-ken! when you cast it. just fyi

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukasa View Post
You can make it 300% more fun if you yell out Ha-do-ken! when you cast it. just fyi
Rofl I love it. But IMO I feel like Viegar is a huge pusher and later on a good hero killer, sure it's only basically 1 champion but still extremely valuable to any team.

Mozark

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukasa View Post
I LOL'd. Agree with OP, ult is great vs a small handful of casters and worthless vs tanks

Suminon

Master Recruiter

08-29-2009

His ult. is fine. Very situational but you don't go popping it on ppl with low mana anyway. This is where you look at the team your going against and when you guys are going to gank callout the caster you're going for. He's a very big late game character, so this as lvl1 might not be the greatest ult., but by late game its a beast to most. Just remember, it could be worse

Labarge

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by oothomioo View Post
His ult. is fine. Very situational but you don't go popping it on ppl with low mana anyway. This is where you look at the team your going against and when you guys are going to gank callout the caster you're going for. He's a very big late game character, so this as lvl1 might not be the greatest ult., but by late game its a beast to most. Just remember, it could be worse
Pretty much how I feel about it. It's not as flashy as I'd like, but it's certainly not underpowered. A well placed Dark Matter is as powerful as an ult anyway.

Aiur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2009

The fact that it scales with veigars obnoxious AP is proof enough that it's GOOD. All of Veigars spells scale obnoxiously well..do you think he needs a one shot ult, ontop of the ability to pretty much one shot with a regular spell? His ult is ALREADY amazing.. stop whining

Motas

08-30-2009

I've been Veigar and had over 500 AP, I can still two shot any caster. (except tryndamere, he must be immune or something, he has no mana ) Most heroes die via Horizon + Dark Matter + Primordial + Baleful, not much can take that and live, if they do, chase em down and kill them with stun + Darkmatter + Balefeul FTW!!!!

FellowerOfOdin

08-30-2009

I love his ultimate.

<- Tryndamere player.

Aknar

08-30-2009

if you have many -cooldown runes and about 300 AP you'll kill any champion 1v1 at about minute 30