Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a4mad

05-09-2011

So i recently started jungling yi, and i just want to know what the optimal runes/masteries/ route i should take? Currently i go ARpen reds, flat armor yellows, MR/lvl blues and flat hp quints, im going 17/3/10 masteries, taking armor in defense ( im iffy on this, should i just max crit dmg instead?) I start at mini golem, then wraiths, then wolves, b buy boots go to Blue then wraiths and by that time I should be ganking,( if not I make sure i attempt red if i have the health and I've been lucky enough with q procs) Also i start with cloth armor and 4 hp pots, so i will have just enough for boots when I b.
Should i change anything? Or is this setup fine? thanks in advance for any answers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRawrster

05-09-2011

I jungle with Yi quite often. I go 21/0/9 masteries with ARPen reds, Attacks Speed yellows, MR/level blues and flat hp quints. For my jungle route I do the following:

Buy Cloth Armor and two HP pots.

Mini Golems, Wraiths, Wolves then b. If your alpha strike procs once on Golems or Wraiths you can get back only using 1 HP pot. If it procs on both then you can get back without using either HP pot.

Once back I buy Longsword and another HP pot if I used both and have the cash. Then I make the Mini Golems, Wraith, Wolves run again and b to buy Madred's Razors. From there I generally hit red and look for a gank or make the run again and go to grab blue if I happen to be over in that area. Now between ganking and jungling I get enough cash to afford Wriggle's Lantern and immediately go ward Dragon. You can take Dragon as well usually, but I often like to grab Berserker's Greaves first.

I usually have Wriggles and Berserker's Greave built by lvl 7 or so and from there it is easy to Dragon and start ganking heavily.

I realize I buy boots late and that can make grabbing a gank around lvls 4 and 5 hard if you need too, but I take Ghost to help with that.