Lvling up = death

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SighrisTheVirus

08-27-2009

Well the first couple days i didnt mind, but now its starting to get annoying. When you lvl up your portrait in the lower left corner turns from a picture of your hero to a number 1.....which wouldnt be that big of a deal except if you try to cast something on yourseft...say a heal...it wont cast.

Now sure i could actually click on my hero on the battle feild to heal myself but all the other times the portrait is more reliable...pleeeeease dont remove the players portrait when u lvl up

Guess

08-27-2009

Kind of agree here. The skill point count is pretty pointless. Making the levels more pronounced could achieve the same effect with no effect on the player. (Just a more noticeable leveling visual effect)

Squee9

08-27-2009

I agree here. The portrait servers some valuable game-play functions that are disabled when skill points are available. The huge 01 down there is useless. I know that when I level I get one skill point. Not a surprise.

I think a nice sound effect would be a good way to let people know they leveled without the big numbers. A quick trumpet fanfare or something.

Maybe the words "level up!" pop up above your head just like it does when you dodge an attack. There are plenty of classic RPG level up effects that can be used here instead of the portrait hijacking.

Xenvleid

08-27-2009

Haven't even started but this does make perfect sense to me, instead, why don't we mix these ideas whether its the sounds or number and just put the number inside the portrait either in a corner or in the middle. Something that is noticeable but can be used for its rightful purpose, self-clicking.

maxterdexter

08-30-2009

I don't mind the number, but I haven't played with an hero with a aimable positive buff, and this could be an Issue, I proposse that you can still click the number and that counts as a click self.

ViperXVII

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
I don't mind the number, but I haven't played with an hero with a aimable positive buff, and this could be an Issue, I proposse that you can still click the number and that counts as a click self.

Bumping because this problem is really relevant to healers.

Digitalneo

08-31-2009

its relavent to kayle trying to cast her speed boost on herself too.

Klinkin

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalneo View Post
its relavent to kayle trying to cast her speed boost on herself too.
I use Kayle as my main, and I have to say I've never run into this problem.
However, I can see why self-casting might need the portrait in extremely crowded battlefields, mainly applying to tanks who wind up in the middle of those battles. Yet on the flip side, if you have more than one available skill point you need to know that, too. I think they could relocate the skill point counter or just allow self-targeting when the counter is up.

Surgery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2009

I agree with making the number clickable. While you're at it... give us a hotkey for leveling up our skills. For example: Shift + Q, Shift + W, Shift + E, Shift + R