Game not launching after Patcher

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jonnychan

05-09-2011

Checked both the folders.

The second path where you wanted to check for the most recently updated logs, i found none (latest yesterday).

Rabid Llama

Game Engineer

05-09-2011
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryumi678 View Post
I'm also having issues with the patcher not launching the game. Yesterday in the afternoon it was working just fine. I uninstalled and it froze at the very end of the process. The uninstallation didn't seem to complete.

I went and tried to run lol.launcher.admin.exe because the failed uninstallation had deleted. lol.launcher.exe. It gave me an error saying that the "earlier version" that I tried to download was causing issues with the uninstallation and self-fixed them. But it still doesn't work.

Now I have a weird folder that's labelled "LeagueOfLegends.NA.04_26_2011" beside the default LoL folder. I hope something is worked out here.

EDIT: Here's the first log you requested. However, the last log for the second log you asked for was created yesterday when I last was able to play.
Huh, could you check if there's a LolClient.exe in C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/projects/lol_air_client/releases/0.0.0.40/deploy/ ? The error log says that it straight up couldn't find that file, but it should most definitely be there...

Also, that mysterious folder you mentioned (LeagueOfLegends.NA.04_26_2011) is just where you downloaded the installer to

Tbh I Own

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Llama View Post
Huh, could you check if there's a LolClient.exe in C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/projects/lol_air_client/releases/0.0.0.40/deploy/ ? The error log says that it straight up couldn't find that file, but it should most definitely be there...

Also, that mysterious folder you mentioned (LeagueOfLegends.NA.04_26_2011) is just where you downloaded the installer to
I'm having the same problem as this other guy, just went to the location and I dont have it either.

Ryumi

05-09-2011

Quote:

LoLClient.exe isn't there >:
I don't know how or why, because after I uninstalled and ran the lol.launcher.admin.exe (lol.launcher.exe isn't there anymore) the patcher began to repatch and finished patching.

jonnychan

05-09-2011

Quote:
Assuming the other guy has same problem as me, yes, there is the LolClient.exe in that deploy folder.

Chrickster

05-09-2011

Attachment 170578
I hope this helps for me.

Rabid Llama

Game Engineer

05-09-2011
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Have you guys tried running Repair from the launcher? It's in the Options menu, which is the little gear button.

Chrickster

05-09-2011

Quote:
Have you guys tried running Repair from the launcher? It's in the Options menu, which is the little gear button.
Ill try that right now and let you know what happens

Rabid Llama

Game Engineer

05-09-2011
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrickster View Post
Attachment 170578
I hope this helps for me.
Hm. That log looks like a successful launch -- it even references opening and closing the game proper. Curious...

SmokenDank

05-09-2011

im having the same problems.