this will impruve gameplay and help to low afk quiters ?

Yes 45 38.79%
No 49 42.24%
Maybe but worth the try ... 22 18.97%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Final Solution for afk quitters noobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

I think if a player leaves or gets auto kicked for being AFK they should not linger at the spawn or be allowed to come back into the game. They should be removed from the game and create an open spot where another player that chooses to go into an "Assist" queue can join the game instead. This new assist player would be granted the same level and gold accumulated as the lowest level person in the current game so they can do their skills and build their items as soon as they get in game to start assisting(making them like the lowest level player from either team in the current game is a fair way of letting them in without the risk of turning them into a feeder).

Now of course this assist system would require some thought but it could really open up a lot of avenues for game play and for players. Like there could be a few things that can be rewarded for assisting. Like if a player assists they can reduce a portion of their own AFK/Leave rating since they went in to help that team. But maybe only reward the reduction if the player helps that team win. Like if you're a player that has 1 Leave and then you assist another team to victory, you're now back to 0 Leaves. So in a way it would be a system of redemption. You could also reward IP/Exp only for assists, but not affect the Elo rating of the player that is assisting, that way the Elo Rankings don't get abused.

Billco

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobold View Post
What do you even mean by that? If you meant: "Reported for being a noob": google Dunning-Kruger-Effect ... you do not want to impose any punishment based on what other players in a game thought about a particular player. I regularly get called a bad player/noob/whatever when smurfing. This report option is their for all those noobs who believe in ELO-Hell as well ...
You've got to chuckle at the fact that mentioning the Dunning-Kruger effect has gotten you voted down. If that's not vindication, then I don't know what is.

I think the OP's proposal is far too reactionary and punitive. I've proposed a simple way to "qualify" players here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=777423

On top of that post, I'd like to incorporate the idea of letting one leave/DC fly, once in a while. Maybe once every 50 games, not 25. If a second leave occurs, they get knocked down to the lower tier (from ranked to skilled, or skilled back to normal).

This will keep people out of ranked if they don't belong there, while not punishing people who enjoy a more leisurely match in normal or skilled queue. Think of it as three different levels of difficulty or "seriousness", that must be earned as a privilege of being a respectable player.

nGui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-27-2011

bilco have a good point, its really about to make people play better ... its like the tribunal if the guy get banned he just start a lvl 1 account and play with less skiled people again and again, when he come back from the ban he just enter with the same skills he have before ...

not alowing then to play ranked games still a better solution

nGui

Recruiter

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie101 View Post
like holy balls! Ive never seen so many idiots in ranked games that i get stuck with, I realy am not liking ranked games, but there needs to be some tweaks to this match making system such as kdr and I know we all have bad games but seriously 7 games lost in a row I mean come on riot 7 games ive tryed to carry and we all know a carry is useless with clueless players can we get some serious tweaks done.
i have lost 21 in a row

nGui

Recruiter

05-29-2011

up

CrystalisX

05-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XicoLoco View Post
i have lost 21 in a row
That's when you decide to stop solo q'ing and try making friends and go premade instead...

I agree, solo-q'ing sucks but the problem is that everyone gets thrown into a mid-lvl arbitrary elo with no record of how good they are when playing ranked. So it takes time for the system to sort things out, and in that time you can be grouped with a whole lot of players who may not fit your style of play to the point where you can't win when playing with them no matter how good either of you are.

But if you don't like playing ranked games, you can always play normal games...

nGui

Recruiter

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCrystal View Post
That's when you decide to stop solo q'ing and try making friends and go premade instead...

I agree, solo-q'ing sucks but the problem is that everyone gets thrown into a mid-lvl arbitrary elo with no record of how good they are when playing ranked. So it takes time for the system to sort things out, and in that time you can be grouped with a whole lot of players who may not fit your style of play to the point where you can't win when playing with them no matter how good either of you are.

But if you don't like playing ranked games, you can always play normal games...
the biggest problem is as i say before is when you start ranked matches you start wih 1300+- so you lost a lot because you just not prepared to play agains 1300+ elo players, then when you face 600+- you start to face quiters/afks/etc. I think if we use this system i purpose here and if everyone start with 0000000 elo then start to make it, i pretty sure this impruve the general gameplay ...