Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

this will impruve gameplay and help to low afk quiters ?

Yes 45 38.79%
No 49 42.24%
Maybe but worth the try ... 22 18.97%
Voters 116 .

Final Solution for afk quitters noobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nGui

Recruiter

05-10-2011

Isobold what ever, you can just make rules for each character, if riot can do the game i pretty sure he can do some parameters ... even if my criteria is a **** like you say, at least the punishment is good because is about to force people do play anyway, they have to earn the right to play ranked again.

not the stupid bul**** is today ... you play you fuked up a game, you quit you stay afk... and 99% of times get away ...

isobold

05-11-2011

Quote:
XicoLoco:
Isobold what ever, you can just make rules for each character

How will that help? The game is evolving all the time. Nobody even thought about pusher-karthus a year ago, and I have no idea what will come up next. Your proposal being stupid can't be fixed with another even more stupid proposal. Their is ONE goal in this game: destroy the nexus. So the onliest measurement to success should be: was the nexus destroyed? As LoL is a team-game, measuring how much a given player contributed to this goal automatically is really hard (and can't be done by just looking at some useless stats without interpretation).

Also: even if you COULD measure how much each player contributed: how will this value help with AFK/quitters and alike? Playing bad has nothing to do with leaving ...

Quote:
XicoLoco:
if riot can do the game i pretty sure he can do some parameters ...

They did: the parameter is: was the nexus destroyed. They repeatedly stated that they do not want to impose other rules. If it works it is a respected strategy. If they do not like where the game evolves to, they change the rules. Just read it up!

Quote:
XicoLoco:
even if my criteria is a **** like you say, at least the punishment is good because is about to force people do play anyway, they have to earn the right to play ranked again.

Well, the current punishment is even harder. You just want them to not be able to join ranked, while the current punishment is to prevent them from playing at all (temporary or even permanent bann)!

nGui

Recruiter

05-11-2011

i just never see anyone banned, bu ti think ban is not a good punishment at all ... making people play normal games or even only pratice games (happens in HoN already), will impruve general gameplay ...

saying AGAIN i reported 200+ afkers or more and i never see one banned, i even reporting myself and asking people to report me as afk everygame and nothing happens, i try to be afk in like 10 games and ask for they report me, still nothing happens ... so i pretty sure the system dont work ...

nGui

Recruiter

05-11-2011

I Heroes of Newerth they have a nice thing when you try to join ranked games ,... the game just say you have to play XX games before join ranked again ...

HoN is a **** game ... with terrible graphics, horrible mini-map display , but i think this kind of stuff is better there MATCHMAKING

Meiu

05-11-2011

Quote:
XicoLoco:
Well trying to be construtive here ... i have some stuff to share about punishiments for afk/quit/noobish

1) if you have any Leave or Afk in a ranked game, the punishment will be you cant join ranked games till you have played 10 to 30 normal games (have to win at least 3)

2) if you have feed more then 80% of your K ratio (if you dont have the enough assists to justify why you get killed so much) you have to play 10 to 30 normal games (have to win at least 3)

3) if you get reported for gameplay issues in ranked game, you have to play 10 to 30 normal games (have to win at least 3)

banning improve no ones game forcing idiots and noobs play more normal games is a better solution i think and will impruve general gameplay ...

hope this helps .. i pretty tired to post stuff blaming riot, but i will curse someone if no one from riot post something here ...

K : D is never an accurate way to determine skill. Ever. K and A are no different. Someone 0/5/10 is no better or worse than 10/5/0. What you are proposing is to essentially ban all your support and tanks from ranked games.

As for banning for reporting of poor skill. That is also stupid as anyone can click the report function.

Best way to do it is simply institute extremely severe punishments for leaving ranked games. Such as 5,000 IP lost per leave and a requirement of having 5,000 IP banked to play Ranked. That way even if people want to troll it will cost them. Possibly deduct 250 or so ELO per leave to drop them out of the bracket for a long time. Each variable can be changed to more reliable standards but things of that nature are good ways to discourage leaving without completely ruining you from playing if you had a legitimate reason to leave.

nGui

Recruiter

05-11-2011

losing IP is the same problem for asking RIOT points if you have a lot you can just mess around and pay to get free ...

i am pretty sure if they start to punish forbiden people to join ranked with several criterias, the problem just stops, and i say more if the problem persists in normal games why not punish there to with leaving then to just pratice games, still better the be punish with temporary ban.'

and the punishment can be acumulative if you have a good amount of warnings you must start play normal to decrease that before even you get banned from ranked games

Snosauce

Recruiter

05-11-2011

Quote:
Ashton Mylkos:
Supported, but I think just five wins would suffice.

Opposed, being a poor player is not and never will be against the rules. If you deliberately screw your team over however, you should be punished the same as everyone else.

Opposed, the punishment dished out by the admins will suffice.

I agree with this guy. Kids being bad at the game doesn't need to go punished but if i ignore someone i think i shouldn't be able to be queued with that person again.

nGui

Recruiter

05-11-2011

Quote:
Snosauce:
I agree with this guy. Kids being bad at the game doesn't need to go punished but if i ignore someone i think i shouldn't be able to be queued with that person again.

good one ... one time i have the same stupid AFK in 2 games ...

Ruahi

05-11-2011

kda ratios arent everything i played a game when the enemy team had 20 more kills then us (we had a feeder) and we still won because we knew how to win not just how to play there is a huge difference

nGui

Recruiter

05-12-2011

Quote:
Ruahi:
kda ratios arent everything i played a game when the enemy team had 20 more kills then us (we had a feeder) and we still won because we knew how to win not just how to play there is a huge difference

yes but if the guy is really feeding you should report him anyway even if you won, there is no problem for a alistar die like 15 times in a game, but he is tnking right and no one in his team will report him ...

this is about discipline people force then to play normal games to get better ... not about to ban who die 20 times for your team in a nice teamplay ...