7 Things every player should know but few seem to

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gom99

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchers View Post
1. This is the most important one, never and I mean NEVER auto attack creeps in the laning phase. It's simply poor playing, I don't know why I keep seeing people who don't know this but everyone should know this and here's why. (a) the closer you are to your turret the easier it is for someone to gank for you (b) the closer you are the the enemy turret the easier it is for YOU to be ganked (c) it makes it harder to last hit creeps and sometimes might even stop your lane partner from being capable of getting the last hit also good job you just wasted gold for no reason.
This is very wrong. You should say that you should try not to push your lane. But if you're winning your lane it will inevitably push it due to your last hitting. There are times when you need to hard push the enemy minions to get your minions to the tower so the lane can reset.

So there is a time when it is wise to push your lane. You are correct in that you should not push your lane for no reason.

If your champ is not good at last hitting under a tower, and your opponent is pushing the lane, it's better to clear the wave before it engages your tower.

And finally, if you need to B you should push your lane to their tower to get you some cover.

Bumbah

05-11-2011

your first 6 are good. Then 7th was uneccessary. I've seen quite a few zil bans and that doesn't sit well with me. QQ

(i'm a zil player)

Jack Harkness

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbah View Post
your first 6 are good. Then 7th was uneccessary. I've seen quite a few zil bans and that doesn't sit well with me. QQ

(i'm a zil player)
yeah I did admit that one was mostly personal opinion, I thought of one as a replacement but I'm guessing it would stir up quite a bit of debate so I never put it in.