7 Things every player should know but few seem to

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jack Harkness

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaelphon Delat View Post
This is a very good guide for new players. Number 1 is a very situational thing, and there are times when you should. However, were I to give advice to a friend just starting, to simplify it for him that's what I would tell him. When he got better I'd help him learn when to auto attack/push. 7 depends more on who you have on your team, but you stated it as opinion so ill leave it alone.

Also, I'd add another one. Don't complain that someone is playing an "easy" champion. They are playing a champion they think they could be competitive with. If you think the champion is an easy auto-win, then either ban or pick him.
Yeah thanks for the input, I didn't consider my wording for number 1 properly mostly because this was kinda a rant after laning with an auto attacker. Also good point I hate when people complain that champions are easy such as Karthus I don't personally play Karthus but whenever a Karthus gets an ult kill people say "wtf such a stupid ult karthus is so easy to play" when he's actually not and it's just idiots who don't understand.

Oatfarmer

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchers View Post
it's just idiots who don't understand.
This should be number one in the seven things

Lughsan

05-09-2011

#8 please please please Push to my Tower... you assure me as Blitzcrank many easy easy kills....

lolwombocome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

1. This is the most important one, never and I mean NEVER auto attack creeps in the laning phase. It's simply poor playing, I don't know why I keep seeing people who don't know this but everyone should know this and here's why. (a) the closer you are to your turret the easier it is for someone to gank for you (b) the closer you are the the enemy turret the easier it is for YOU to be ganked (c) it makes it harder to last hit creeps and sometimes might even stop your lane partner from being capable of getting the last hit also good job you just wasted gold for no reason.
I think you mean their turret?

Mikhal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchers View Post
What about soraka? are you saying she should have heal? because that makes even less sense it damages her spells.
Hmm... nope. Wrong. Read it again. Heal damages summoner spells only.

I agree on most accounts of what was said on opening post though.

USS BUTTPEE

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidog889 View Post
#1 just isn't an absolute...

ALWAYS try to PUSH your lane before leaving it to gank a lane...

Leaving your lane while it's not pushed is usually a bad idea, unless you like giving their team free towers?
Stupid wolf. Pushpushpush.

Brink of Chaos

05-09-2011

Posts like this are very helpful. I've played long enough to get to lv 30, but I play this game very casually (Never even done a ranked) so there were a few rules up there that I didn't know yet. You made some good points and I learned something. Thnx.

GhostDonkeys

05-09-2011

Whenever I try to just last hit then the people I'm laning against just auto attack them and push me up against my tower and I end up hardly getting any minion kills since my tower shoots the minions. And they just set up wards and ganks don't even help. Any advice on this? It's even worse when I don't have a jungler (I don't play ranked right now and nobody in normal jungles).

jesuspwnedu

05-09-2011

stfu stop telling people when and where to auto attack minons

Throdo

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDonkeys View Post
Whenever I try to just last hit then the people I'm laning against just auto attack them and push me up against my tower and I end up hardly getting any minion kills since my tower shoots the minions. And they just set up wards and ganks don't even help. Any advice on this? It's even worse when I don't have a jungler (I don't play ranked right now and nobody in normal jungles).
sounds like jungling would solve all your problems!