7 Things every player should know but few seem to

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HowDoIMacro

05-09-2011

maybe 3...but not 1 and 2

u neeed to accept the fact that ur wrong sometimes...

Jack Harkness

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbro View Post
I would agree with most all of the points you made, but I think number 1 and 2 have exceptions.

1) It's very difficult to last hit creeps in your turret range, so auto-attacking to stay out of that range is necessary sometimes. Also, some champions are dominant enough in lane, such as Mordekaiser, that they can bulldoze creep waves and force the enemy to last hit under his tower. You just have to ward to avoid being ganked.

2) Kills give much more gold than assists, especially if you are ending an enemy killing spree, and you want your carries to have as much gold as possible whereas support champions need much less. If possible, you should definitely let the carry have the kill. Even still, I would agree that you shouldn't bother complaining about it because it'll probably just make your teammate mad.
These are mostly general, of course if possible you should give your carry the kill but you should never risk the kill to give it to the carry.

Jack Harkness

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDoIMacro View Post
maybe 3...but not 1 and 2

u neeed to accept the fact that ur wrong sometimes...
I accept I'm wrong often, but I'm not about that auto attacking during the laning phase to gain hp is stupid, very few champs have the lifesteal in the laning phase for it to even make a real difference. I forget what your second point was.

RM Bash

05-09-2011

#1 just isn't an absolute...

ALWAYS try to PUSH your lane before leaving it to gank a lane...

Leaving your lane while it's not pushed is usually a bad idea, unless you like giving their team free towers?

Thrillinz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

A good player knows when to last hit, and when to push a lane hard enough so they can go gank, recall, or whatever. It is never an absolute.

Grukasa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

This is a good guide, but the odds of people paying attention to it are low unless Riot stickies it or incorporates the information into the tutorial or something.

Jack Harkness

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidog889 View Post
#1 just isn't an absolute...

ALWAYS try to PUSH your lane before leaving it to gank a lane...

Leaving your lane while it's not pushed is usually a bad idea, unless you like giving their team free towers?
That is a good point that I wasn't thinking about at the time, thanks for adding.

Furt fantastic

05-09-2011

Ok, I'm kind of new and level 10, so I Don't have flash yet, but I love heal. I usually don't need any potions when I do well, and the small heal to minions and champions nearby is nice too. I usually find it *helps* keep me alive during getting ganked so I can apply ghost to retreat into a safe area. Although I do plan to replace it as soon as I reach level 12 with flash, I don't see how it's that bad.

Jack Harkness

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furt fantastic View Post
Ok, I'm kind of new and level 10, so I Don't have flash yet, but I love heal. I usually don't need any potions when I do well, and the small heal to minions and champions nearby is nice too. I usually find it *helps* keep me alive during getting ganked so I can apply ghost to retreat into a safe area. Although I do plan to replace it as soon as I reach level 12 with flash, I don't see how it's that bad.
At level 10 it's fine really, but here's why it's bad. One the healing to minions is a bad thing a lot of the time it forces your lane to push and can make you over extend. Two late game the heal is literally next to unnoticable, why pick something that dies off late game when other abilities are good all game? And finally it's just not as useful as other summoner abilities within the first 20 minutes of the game. It is epic at level 1 but the whole games not at level 1.

Adaelphon Delat

05-09-2011

This is a very good guide for new players. Number 1 is a very situational thing, and there are times when you should. However, were I to give advice to a friend just starting, to simplify it for him that's what I would tell him. When he got better I'd help him learn when to auto attack/push. 7 depends more on who you have on your team, but you stated it as opinion so ill leave it alone.

Also, I'd add another one. Don't complain that someone is playing an "easy" champion. They are playing a champion they think they could be competitive with. If you think the champion is an easy auto-win, then either ban or pick him.

123456 ... 7