7 Things every player should know but few seem to

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jack Harkness

05-09-2011

Hi there, I keep seeing the same mistakes made by players game after game and it seems to me that they're simple things everyone should know. So I'm just writing this to give hopefully some useful advice to people who may not of known about these various things.

1. This is the most important one, never and I mean NEVER auto attack creeps in the laning phase. It's simply poor playing, I don't know why I keep seeing people who don't know this but everyone should know this and here's why. (a) the closer you are to your turret the easier it is for someone to gank for you (b) the closer you are the the enemy turret the easier it is for YOU to be ganked (c) it makes it harder to last hit creeps and sometimes might even stop your lane partner from being capable of getting the last hit also good job you just wasted gold for no reason.

2. Don't complain when someone "ks's" you it's a good thing, if they already had the assist on it that means it wasn't a ks they just happened to be the one to get the kill if they didn't already have the assist on it then it's a good thing they ksed you, it gives them a kill and you an assist which is more gold for your team. This is a team game suck it up.

3. Blue buff is not ALWAYS best on casters. Some champions thrive with blue buff more than any casters amumu for one can leave his despair on much longer and it's very useful. That's just one example.

4. Don't complain that it took 3 or 4 or even 5 people to kill you, it makes you sound like an idiot. If the team killed you with 1 person it's worse for them if they killed you with 5 well that's 4 assists it's better for them and good for them for using good team work to kill an idiot who over extended.

5. Please for the love of god stop using heal. It's a horrible summoner ability, revive is even better as pathetic as that may sound. Heal is completely worthless late game, and is less likely to save you than ghost flash or even exhaust in the laning phase. There's no reason to take heal, stop using it.

6. Stop complaining about which champions people use. Yes a lot of champions are less viable than others but you know what? The players ability with said champion is the most important part. If a player is really good with Soraka then just freaking let them use soraka. She's highly underrated anyways, lane all day pops banshees veils lowers mr increases armour. But we're not here to talk about soraka, just let people play who they want though.

7. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD START BANNING ZILEAN! Zilean effects a game more than any other champion, I am so tired of having to pick him because people don't ban him (mainly because I'm admitedly not that great with him). But seriously he makes your team automatically out level the enemies and basically turns team fights into 6vs5 late game. Zilean is ridiculous, lay off those tank bans for once and ban a zilean. (this one is mostly personal opinion I will admit.)

Anyways thanks for reading feel free to discuss anything said here. Mainly I posted this for the auto attackers.

jrhwhite

05-09-2011

+1

Agree with most of the things you said especially #2

MrMinionman

05-09-2011

and 6# and #7 contradict each other.

Jack Harkness

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinionman View Post
and 6# and #7 contradict each other.
no they don't, 6 says not to complain when people use champions you perceive as bad 7 says to ban zilean, and I admited that was mostly personal opinion.

Bone Byter

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchers View Post
5. Please for the love of god stop using heal. It's a horrible summoner ability, revive is even better as pathetic as that may sound. Heal is completely worthless late game, and is less likely to save you than ghost flash or even exhaust in the laning phase. There's no reason to take heal, stop using it.

Anyways thanks for reading feel free to discuss anything said here. Mainly I posted this for the auto attackers.
Soraka.

HowDoIMacro

05-09-2011

#1 isnt always true. sometimes auto attacking is smart.

-if u have life leech and need to regen some hp
-if ur champs passive ability procs on hits ( nunu, cait)
-if u wanna push a lane as quick as possible ( backdoor)?

kthnx gg

Jack Harkness

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Byter View Post
Soraka.
What about soraka? are you saying she should have heal? because that makes even less sense it damages her spells.

Jack Harkness

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDoIMacro View Post
#1 isnt always true. sometimes auto attacking is smart.

-if u have life leech and need to regen some hp
-if ur champs passive ability procs on hits ( nunu, cait)
-if u wanna push a lane as quick as possible ( backdoor)?

kthnx gg
You are wrong on counts 1 and 2 and 3 you are wrong because I said in the laning phase, you are not pushing in the laning phase.

Jonbro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

I would agree with most all of the points you made, but I think number 1 and 2 have exceptions.

1) It's very difficult to last hit creeps in your turret range, so auto-attacking to stay out of that range is necessary sometimes. Also, some champions are dominant enough in lane, such as Mordekaiser, that they can bulldoze creep waves and force the enemy to last hit under his tower. You just have to ward to avoid being ganked.

2) Kills give much more gold than assists, especially if you are ending an enemy killing spree, and you want your carries to have as much gold as possible whereas support champions need much less. If possible, you should definitely let the carry have the kill. Even still, I would agree that you shouldn't bother complaining about it because it'll probably just make your teammate mad.

Bone Byter

05-09-2011

Also about #1, if they don't have a jungler and mid is under control you can overpush so their turret takes the opponents minion gold and you get some damage on their turret. But most of the time you shouldn't auto minions.

12345 ... 7