Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jack of all Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xetelian

03-10-2010

Last year, in winter I saw this game in the store and bought it and then found out I could have enjoyed it for free without any disadvantage because you can't buy unbalancing benefits in the store.

Now I own all the champions I want, about 40 and I have Rune book questions.

What I want is 1 page for all as best as I can.

Currently I have:
-6% cooldown
-5.4% cooldowns at 18
-15% time dead

All tier 3 runes of cooldown reduction in my book and 3 greater quintessence of revival because I went cooldown mastery and it stacks well with the Good Hands mastery.

At lvl 1 I have -15% cooldowns and at 18 its 20% and I cap it early with a stinger or later depending on the situation.

This is giving me an unbelievable advantage with just about all champions.

However I want to change the red runes out for something that will be generically beneficial but a better effect then 9x .16%

I was thinking no matter the champion there is a chance to get a critical hit regardless of which way my stats are built, that would lead my to believe the high % Red + critical damage.

So passively boosting all champions in some beneficial way but getting the most out of one page for all champions.

General benefits:

Glyphs:
Greater Glyph of Focus -0.65% cooldowns
Greater Glyph of Celerity -0.05% cooldowns per level (-0.9% at champion level 18)
Greater Glyph of Alacrity +0.64% attack speed
Greater Glyph of Furor +0.62% critical damage
Greater Glyph of Vigor +0.27 health regen / 5 sec.

Seals:
Greater Seal of Evasion +0.75% dodge
Greater Seal of Alacrity +0.76% attack speed
Greater Seal of Furor +0.87% critical damage
Greater Seal of Vigor +0.43 health regen / 5 sec.
Greater Seal of Focus -0.29% cooldowns

Marks:
Greater Mark of Alacrity +1.7% attack speed
Greater Mark of Furor +2.48% critical damage
Greater Mark of Focus -0.16% cooldowns
Greater Mark of Malice +0.93% critical chance

Quintessence:
Greater Quintessence of Alacrity +3.4% attack speed
Greater Quintessence of Swiftness +1.5% movement speed
Greater Quintessence of Revival -5% time dead
Greater Quintessence of Furor +4.96% critical damage
Greater Quintessence of Avarice +1 gold / 10 sec.
Greater Quintessence of Wisdom +2% experience gained
Greater Quintessence of Regeneration +0.28 health regen / 5 sec. per level (+5.04 at champion level 18)
Greater Quintessence of Evasion +1.5% dodge
Greater Quintessence of Focus -1.64% cooldowns
Greater Quintessence of Celerity -0.13% cooldowns per level (-2.34% at champion level 18)
Greater Quintessence of Vigor +2.7 health regen / 5 sec.

I avoided listing Defense and Magic Resist for the majority of my games I need to see the enemy before I decide on these. More health, more health regen and such benefit everyone, however I wan the most bang for my buck.

Specializing is not hard, but too many times I've been in situations where I needed to completely change up strategies or pick champions to counter the flavor of the week.

I'm not asking how to specialize I'm asking how to generalize and hoping to get some feedback on the best way to do that.

Currently I'm thinking the Marks, Seals, Glyphs and Quintessence all have high and low versions of cooldown and I want to change out the small boost I get from those marks too a bigger boost from marks of a better benefit.

Also I want to help eliminate the overlapping of statistical caps.

Here's what I'm thinking
Page 1:

Glyphs:
3x Greater Glyph of Focus -0.65% cooldowns
6x
Greater Glyph of Celerity -0.05% cooldowns per level (-0.9% at champion level 18)

-1.95% Start and 5.40% at level 18 (with 9% coming from masteries not counted)

Seals:
9x Greater Seal of Evasion +0.75% dodge = 6.75% dodge
+2% from masteries if I respend into defense for a jax or nadilee or sivir
Dodge is nice and it makes the cheap boots an easy option for my champions that need to consider money.

However I may want critical damage here
9x Greater Seal of Furor +0.87% critical damage

Marks:

9x Greater Mark of Furor +2.48% critical damage

So I'd look like this unless I spec dodge.

-1.95% Start and 5.40% at level 18
+6.75% dodge
+22.32% Critical damage

Quintessence:
3x Greater Quintessence of Celerity -0.13% cooldowns per level (-2.34% at champion level 18)

Or

3xGreater Quintessence of Evasion +1.5% dodge

Now if I want to play Nunu, thats gonna help him in a couple of ways and if I mastery into cooldown I'd be looking at -9% more cooldown and swap that out for dodge if I want to save money on boots and use my dodge Quint for +4.5% more.

Now how would that compare to a focus on all cooldown like I have now or Defense/MagicResist or health or health regen?

See I've ran a full grasp of cooldown and its great for the most part but I think .16% marks are just too weak compared to other marks.

Xetelian

03-10-2010

Follow up masteries in generalizing and figures.

-10.95% Start and -14.40% at level 18
+11.25% dodge
+22.32% Critical damage

Now this on Ashe would work amazing with her W and R skill times and with dodge boots its 22% dodge chance bonus then snag the infinity edge and your at +272.32% critical damage.

Now I may still switch the dodge seals for cooldown or critical damage, thats one of the things I can't figure out easily.

Nunu, throwing that ice chunk quickly, dodging a little and his melee will critical for a little higher.

Stinger nearly caps the cooldowns for those with mana this is a great generalized weapon.

Mordekaiser and others like him can enjoy the dodge and cooldown as well but Spirit Visage and Brutalizer work just fine if cooldown is needed.

Working on the issue of filling the roles when other people are over specialized and can't be flexible.

EnderA

03-10-2010

Don't. Buy. Critical. Damage. EVER. (see: https://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=70173)

For reference on rune stats, see my rune database spreadsheet: https://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=50741

Great generic runes:

Marks: Armor Penetration for physical, Magic Penetration for magical
Seals: Dodge or any other primary rune
Glyphs: Flat CD reduction
Quints: Flat HP

ShawnSpencer

03-11-2010

Dude go with manna regen per level seals. I saves you money every game(no manna regen item required) and helps all but like 4 heroes.

Silent Reaper

03-11-2010

Here's a very very simple build that will be viable for ALL types of Csters(Dps, not support) and tanks...

Red: Magic Penetration
Yellow: Armor --> 18
Blue: Magic Resiste --> 18
Purple: Magic Penetration, or Flat Health, or Move speed, or Gold per 10 seconds....

Korath Arcolite

03-11-2010

Personally?
Glyphs - 6 /lvl CD Redux + 3 flat redux (will change to 9 flat redux when I have the IP)
Seals - 9 dodge chance (this is WIN! Mana is also viable. Armor<Dodge)
Marks - Armor Pen, Crit CHANCE or Magic Pen (there are hero specific exceptions - AS Taric, Crit Damage Shaco)
Quints - Move Speed or Flat HP. MAAAAYBE MR/AR Pen IF you think you really really really super really need it

EasymodeX

03-11-2010

Best universal set of runes is:

Red - Magic Pen*
Blue - CDR
Yellow - Mana regen, HP/18, or Dodge.
Quint - flat HP or move speed.

* Most physical damage characters have magic damage abilities that help them early game. However, having a set of Armor Pen is highly recommended. ArPen/MagPen, CDR, and mana regen / dodge will set you from pretty much any champ.

fatnool3

03-11-2010

Quote:
EasymodeX:
Best universal set of runes is:

Red - Magic Pen*
Blue - CDR
Yellow - Mana regen, HP/18, or Dodge.
Quint - flat HP or move speed.

* Most physical damage characters have magic damage abilities that help them early game. However, having a set of Armor Pen is highly recommended. ArPen/MagPen, CDR, and mana regen / dodge will set you from pretty much any champ.

seconded...

Claun

03-11-2010

Nowadays i'm using Armor Pen Marks and quints, mana regen seals and magic resist glyphs. Not sure if it's the best combination, but it's good early game to take control of the lane