Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KameKami

05-08-2011

After I downloaded this weeks patch my game refuses advance to the log in screen. The game will start up like normal and tell my I've the latest patch and will allow me to hit the start button. However once I hit it nothing pops up and the game check is gone like it would normally be. If I look in my task manager running programs it shows that it is running. Also if I try to open another one it tells me that the game is running as well when nothing is there. I've tried re-intsalling the game and repair but to no prevail.
Would like to know how to fix this so I can play with my friend and tease him a bit in VR to just cause its fun.

05-08-2011

Quote:
KameKami:
After I downloaded this weeks patch my game refuses advance to the log in screen. The game will start up like normal and tell my I've the latest patch and will allow me to hit the start button. However once I hit it nothing pops up and the game check is gone like it would normally be. If I look in my task manager running programs it shows that it is running. Also if I try to open another one it tells me that the game is running as well when nothing is there. I've tried re-intsalling the game and repair but to no prevail.
Would like to know how to fix this so I can play with my friend and tease him a bit in VR to just cause its fun.

having same problem :/

Ansemsol

05-08-2011

I am having the exact same problem... I really hope RIOT is working on a patch

Karowner

05-09-2011

I had the problem with clicking the play button then nothing happening, then in task manager the processes would be there. i tried updating computer, drivers, turning off firewalls after giving full permissions to LoL and even using system restore and reinstalling the game.. none of that worked, so i decided to give it one last try. What i did exactly was completely delete ALL LoL files. restarted my computer, then downloaded the game again and using the new patcher it completely patched everything. I tried to load it up and BAM, log in screen halelujah! and just to be safe I tried 3 more times to log in and it seems to be working correctly still, so hopefully this helped some of you guys

killerclaus

05-24-2012

well im having the same problem right now but the bad part is i have dial-up internet, but ive been playing it for somewhere around 6 months, and when i click the icon it just sits there it dosent do anything, not even pop up the little error thing to say if anything of my firewall i blocking it. and i cant uninstall it because then i have to wait a while before i can reinstall it.(i have to go to a friends house) so if anyone can help that would be great.

FunkinGonuts

02-12-2013

i think i uninstalled my game like at least 20 times due to problems with this game
really making me angry

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-13-2013

Hey guys,

The most common reason for this is a block from an anti-virus program. Especially if you use a non-mainstream (something other than norton/mcafee) make sure you have an exception set for LoL.

You can also try,

I can't click the Play button / nothing happens after I click the play button
1. Your Active Scripting is disabled, Go to Internet Options -> Security -> Active scripting (near the bottom) -> Enable -> OK. Restart the launcher.
2. Go to your projects folder (Default path is C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects) and delete you lol_air_client, then restart your patcher.
3. Go to your projects folder and delete the lol_launcher folder inside, this will reset your patcher completely.
4. Try turning off your UAC in Windows 7/Vista (does not apply to XP) http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ndows-vista%2F (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.howtogeek.com%2Fhowto%2Fwindows-vista%2Fdisable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista%2F)