New recipe: Consume Elixir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kopflos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-16-2009

good idea

PrinceLaRipper

09-16-2009

great =D

SmecssRaege

09-17-2009

i can definately see this being extremely useful in 2 situations

A) oracle elixir being the most obvious one
B) an "oh ****" base defense...pop an elixir to give yourself more killing power =p

Definately +1 on this

Lockedbob

09-17-2009

+1

MaxTea

Adjudicator

09-17-2009

-1 this is too obscure for some new players too check off the bat. Nice Easter egg though riot has too many as is....

ReclusiveVoa

09-17-2009

+1 BUUUUUUUUUUT here's the kicker.
Elixirs are awesome bonuses. Very awesome. That's the reason they require an open slot in inventory to use. I would suggest an auto-consume on the elixir to cost a little less but also give less bonuses. Like a -50 to -100 gold and -10 to -25% power/time on them (oracles giving like 10 minutes or something stealth reveal)

That way, they could really only be popped off in quick base defense to be functional, as 4 minutes is not enough time to cover the map and make a dent in general anyway, while if someone's midgaming with 2-3 slots free, they can get all the bonuses from their potions by chugging them in the enemies base. (ignoring cardmaster's gate, teleport spells. It could check if people had these and lower the effectiveness again. You don't wanna see a cardmaster/yi/jax with full inventory who's just chugged 3 elixir bonuses in the endgame push, do you?).

Bianary

09-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTea View Post
-1 this is too obscure for some new players too check off the bat. Nice Easter egg though riot has too many as is....
Presumably it would draw on the Elixir page itself as a recipe you can craft, and new players would go "What's this I can make?" and find it.

Adding 50-100 extra gold or so to the recipe might be a good compromise though, as it makes there be an opportunity cost for using this due to not having an open item slot (Rather than not having to manage your items at all)

Enthach

09-18-2009

Agreed *10

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

09-19-2009

ten toes up

MaxTea

Adjudicator

09-19-2009

meh I am never going too win this arguement so +1...