Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The easy way to stop leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balorlord

03-10-2010

Ive been reading a lot of threads complaining about leavers, and I think the quick fix until riot implements leaver vs. leaver game pairing is to make the matchmaking system never pair you with anyone on your ignore list. If you have a problem with a leaver/afker you can just /ignore them and you won't ever have to deal with that one leaver again.

pantong

03-24-2010

I actualy think this idea would be supurb! Leavers are never fun. Even if iits for a good reason. Bump and double bump

Raiden30

03-24-2010

if I have ignored someone, regardless of the reason, I certainly do not want to be playing with them. This is a great idea.

LALJI

Recruiter

03-24-2010

Yeah, but what if you have an @$%@^&* who just ignores everyone they can?

I think if someone is a leaver (they have left more than 1% or their games or something like that) they should be paired up with other leavers!

Then they know what it's like to play 4v5 or sometimes 3v5 when you have an arranged team that leaves on you!

DeathWingSC

03-24-2010

That's not fair for me since I don't leave, I disconnect cause South Africa's internet fu ck ing sucks.

Edit: My first leave today, first time vs Shen and he knew what he was doing, it was sad, first 10 minutes with 1/4/0 as ashe mid ;(

Kivvel

03-24-2010

Quote:
LALJI:
Yeah, but what if you have an @$%@^&* who just ignores everyone they can?

Then that person has a 2 hour queue time.

Booty Colin

Recruiter

03-30-2010

honestly. you check your ignore list? isn't it usually just one spur of the moment "wow that guy is a ******-wibbler" type deal? i know i never go back and see JUST to make sure i'm not playing with them

Illuyankas

04-02-2010

Quote:
DeathWingSC:
That's not fair for me since I don't leave, I disconnect cause South Africa's internet fu ck ing sucks.

The reason for a disconnect doesn't matter unless the reason for the leave is one of the games numerous flaws. If a person has frequent internet (provider) problems still causes the same problems for his team as a rage quitter. It's sad but I'd not want to play with someone with unstable internet anymore than I would with some rage quitting 12-year-old kid (assuming equal skill level). Someone that has a bad internet needs to receive the same punishment as someone who ditched his team. Plus, a system that treats certain kinds of leavers differently just asks to be exploited.

Though only an indirect punishment for leavers, the opener's idea is something that was suggested several times and should have been implemented a long time ago.

Rullerr

Recruiter

04-02-2010

Quote:
Illuyankas:
The reason for a disconnect doesn't matter unless the reason for the leave is one of the games numerous flaws. If a person has frequent internet (provider) problems still causes the same problems for his team as a rage quitter. It's sad but I'd not want to play with someone with unstable internet anymore than I would with some rage quitting 12-year-old kid (assuming equal skill level). Someone that has a bad internet needs to receive the same punishment as someone who ditched his team. Plus, a system that treats certain kinds of leavers differently just asks to be exploited.

Though only an indirect punishment for leavers, the opener's idea is something that was suggested several times and should have been implemented a long time ago.

But how do you plan to distinguish between game flaws and actual leaves. I have 3 leaves on my profile currently. All 3 leaves were errors with LoL. Each time the game would start, say I can't connect (retry or cancel) and I would keep trying to reconnect for 10 min before I'd give up and say screw it. But now I have more than the 1% suggested above, but not do to my own fault.

The problem with punishing leavers is that it is probably very difficult to determine if it is the fault of the player or the game. Once that is made possible, sure punishments like that suggested above makes sense. Until then the marks on your profile are enough. Even my 3 bug me and none were in any way my fault

PopSyckle

04-03-2010

i never thought about the ignore list. miller lite good call