Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What would you like to see in Chat / Buddy Lists?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Flying Dutchman

08-04-2009

My main thing is just to be able to chat with people in game, other than that it's fairly decent, although i never see anyone chatting

Delrossy

08-04-2009

Just want to echo what everyone else has been saying.

Integrating all the chat into one window would be ideal. In-game chatting is also something I would love to see.

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

08-05-2009

We'll be rolling out the changes in phases.

The first phase will be an overhaul of the way the system looks and how you interact with it. This will be the biggest usability increase and the thing that will have the biggest visual impact. This should be wrapping soon and it's going to be WAY better and more customizable. We've also overhauled the performance so it will feel much more responsive.

The second phase will be integrating the in game chat and the PVP chat so you'll be able to chat with friends in game.

jerzy

Recruiter

08-06-2009

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet... I'd like to see a feature that lets you add a comment to each buddy. I think this might be helpful in that it would let me say something like "so and so is a good tank" or "so and so is pretty good at this but might need help with that". Essentially a way to keep track of ideas or thoughts about people one might play with time to time.

I'm not sure about other people, but my buddy list is full of people I play with as well as others I'd like to play with here and there. I'd like to be able to know a little about them with little or no memorization.

Minaxter

08-09-2009

Just one thing I'm not sure has been mentioned, can we get an in-game chat log? Sometimes when I'm playing someone says something right before i get into a fight and by the time I'm done the text has dissapeared. So just a button on the UI somewhere we can press to bring up a window with previous chat including whispers from friends etc.

Praetor

08-12-2009

Quote:
Marduke:
This.

Indeed!

FeedMe

08-12-2009

Build the API for the Client so we can make our own UI:s .

Not just in the PVP.NET client, but the Game client itself.

Just the ability to mod and make your own custom user interface is gonna make this game WIN!

WTB LUA SCRIPT!!

Maybe you should make it possible to buy with micro payments UI unlock, which enables u to modify/build your own User Interface.

And btw, it would rock if you just throwed Adobe AIR in the trash can!

FiRe2

08-12-2009

So people don't have to change their summoner name, a clan feature like Warcraft 3 would be cool. But instead of just a tag like on the same bar as your name you should be able to apply any tag.

Example:
Clan name: Knights Of Glory.
Tag: KoG`
Tag placement: (Front, end, you choose.)
End result: New summoner name display as: KoG`FiRe or FiRe`KoG

Your name will be displayed like that, but people can still look you up by your original summoner name and add you to a friends list by your original summoner name, the clan tag would just be displayed with it. And you shouldnt limit it to brackets, we should be allowed to use any of the ` | ^ $ & icons, and whatnot.

And you can have a clan management tab for like memos and what not, and different ranks, like leader, co leader, for clan managing within the game.

08-13-2009

I would really like to have all the offline contacts display on their own group so i could have all my groups open and see who's online (like in MSN).

Akaris

08-14-2009

Quote:
Marduke:
Yeah, I'm bored.

Wouldn't there be little point of having buddies listed in that window if they're also just off to the right?