LoLClient.exe using up a lot of CPU

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GinnAzoh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-18-2010

I only started noticing this issue since September 16th (I haven't played for close to 2 weeks before this date so I'm unsure exactly which patch or hotfix caused the issue, but I did not experience these issue when I played during late August). The LoLClient.exe is uses up a very large amount of my CPU up to 70%. It is not a consistent high usage as it fluctuates between 1 to 60%, but when I am in the champion select screen, doing rune pages and changing masteries, it is always at least at a high 50% usage.

Another thing I noticed, not sure if this is anyhow related, but if I play the game in full screen mode, I have no fps issue (average around 30 fps), but if I play in windowed mode, my FPS drops down to around 15.

Thanks and hopefully there will be a solution to this problem, as I currently am essentially unable to change masteries within the 1 minute time period given during champion select; unable to chat with friends because of how long it takes for what I type to register and other similar issue. All in all, the entire LoLClient.exe is very unresponsive.

Luckster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2010

I Have all of the same problems..... Hope they get fixed soon.

Covington

09-19-2010

Same problem, I have to kill the 'LolClient.exe', or my fps drops to ~6-10

Villiroth

09-19-2010

pfft...I have to kill lolclient.exe or my fps drops to 3-6. Which makes it impossible for me to add anymore friends or report people from the post game screen.

Conics

Recruiter

09-19-2010

same

Beatus

09-19-2010

Same problem here.

Hellsraider

09-19-2010

Bump, same here.

markmj

09-20-2010

same

Kingyarthur

09-21-2010

I have similar issues but so do all my friends.

clicking on item shop or profile or just trying to chat gives SO MUCH LATENCY after its been open for a while. I also found that my game lags if I put the graphics in game settings to higher then High which is lame because my machine runs WoW or LotRo on Ultra High without any issues.

GinnAzoh

Recruiter

09-24-2010

The issue has slightly changed for me.

I am getting less CPU usage (only around 40 to 60%) when I'm out of game. So I can kind of chat again and do masteries (granted it still takes me around 30 seconds to do masteries even if I know exactly what I want), but its improved. I noticed this improvement on the first Sona patch and I did not notice any change with the 2nd hotfix that day.

This morning, I started having a new problem. FPS issue. As I stated before, I generally did not have FPS issue even with all my LoLClient.exe lag as during games LoLClient.exe would be minimized into that box and it would only be using less than 10% CPU. But, starting this morning, I have been having FPS issue (FPS of 5 to 13) in game on full screen, and I would be getting the same lag during windowed mode. LoLClient.exe is now taking up 40 to 50% of my cpu when I'm in game even if I am full screened and I did not alt tab or do anything.

So yea, the problem still persist, although it has been getting better (albeit very slightly)!