DPS mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OLI HC

03-10-2010

First off, a very good build.

However in long games (50+ mins) it starts sucking and from all sides.
The damage, crits for 600s with 5 items -> buying HP doesnt help even if its a sunfire cape (50 AoE DPS)You just wont have enough HP to live through team fights.

So I was wondering if anyone has a good DPS mundo build with better survivability.
By the way I'm basing myself on a guide I found here, Spirit Visage,Mercury Treads,Phantom Dancer,Starks Fervor, I finish It with infinity edge in long games.Spirit visage and Mercurys Treads give excellent survivability early and mid game due to the effect on his ult but in extensive games I doesnt matter anymore.

Sometimes I play a hybrid which goes: Warmogs Armor,Mercury Treads,Sunfire cape/Thornmail,Atmas Impaler,Infinity Edge,Sunfire Cape.This turns me on a nearly crowd control, high HP/Armor tank with awesome-for-a-tank DPS (crits as hard as the DPS build).
I fill warmogs in long games and is practically invincible in battles as harsh as 3v1.

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

Late game you're suppose to sell Spirit Visage and get Force of Nature, that along with any good HP item should be more than enough.

EchoRex

03-10-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=51570

Build v1, with Guardian Angel or Banshee's Veil as the sixth slot. When complete ~85% Crit Chance, ~1.3 AS, ~140 Armor/Resist, ~45% Dodge, ~470 move speed.

Progresses something like: SV, Ninja, Zeal(PD later), EC, Zeal(PD later), Banshee's then complete the PDs as you can.

Merc's aren't terribly effective with Burning Agony, only gaining an additional ~12% iirc from the thread on the duration reduction from what Burning Agony lists due to them not stacking additively.

Though to be completely honest, it really isn't that build, its the practice with the playstyle and champion that probably needs the help. Think Carry, not Alistar.

EchoRex

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
Late game you're suppose to sell Spirit Visage and get Force of Nature, that along with any good HP item should be more than enough.
No. SV helps much more than FoN will due to the passive effect boosting Sadism.

OLI HC

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
Except for the increased magic resist I wouldnt see why Id sell spirit visage really, but yeah, a health item to finish with is definately the thing to do, but even so in a very long high tier game even veigar has health comparable to mine which is barely 3000 with a health item.

Zonosaki

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
No. SV helps much more than FoN will due to the passive effect boosting Sadism.
FoN heals more than SV. SV only heals more while Mundo is in Sadism. But you're HP won't be nearly as low because FoN heals more while out of Sadism, thus negating the benefits of SV healing more in Sadism because you'll regen MUCH faster with FoN out of Sadism

OLI HC

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=51570

Build v1, with Guardian Angel or Banshee's Veil as the sixth slot. When complete ~85% Crit Chance, ~1.3 AS, ~140 Armor/Resist, ~45% Dodge, ~470 move speed.

Progresses something like: SV, Ninja, Zeal(PD later), EC, Zeal(PD later), Banshee's then complete the PDs as you can.

Merc's aren't terribly effective with Burning Agony, only gaining an additional ~12% iirc from the thread on the duration reduction from what Burning Agony lists due to them not stacking additively.

Though to be completely honest, it really isn't that build, its the practice with the playstyle and champion that probably needs the help. Think Carry, not Alistar.
We lost that game and I was 8/3/ alot of assists I know how to play him tank and DPS its just that whenever I get partially/completely focussed I would easily die

EchoRex

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonosaki View Post
FoN heals more than SV. SV only heals more while Mundo is in Sadism. But you're HP won't be nearly as low because FoN heals more while out of Sadism, thus negating the benefits of SV healing more in Sadism because you'll regen MUCH faster with FoN out of Sadism
Except the difference in healing, outside of Sadism, is negligible compared to how damage is going to be applied to you.

Which when combined with the short cool down of Sadism and how you're going to be running Sadism when engaged...

Means you don't sell SV. Ever, do not weaken your build to take a more expensive item. It is pure idiocy.

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

In my personal experience at level 18 in long ass 1 hour 30 minute games FoN helped me more than SV.

EchoRex

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLI HC View Post
We lost that game and I was 8/3/ alot of assists I know how to play him tank and DPS its just that whenever I get partially/completely focussed I would easily die
Any champion will die when focused by a team. From that record it sounds like your team lost, not you or the build.

Though it would be interesting to see how your item build progressed. What you chose and in what order you got everything in and what point of the game it was taken. That can make more of a difference than what items you ended with and what kind of team you had.