Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stop saying Madreds is an Anti-Tank Item.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rolls Thy Face

05-08-2011

Wit's End

saixx

Recruiter

05-08-2011

whats it do against my 3k hp champ with 200 MR? 40 a hit, ouch thats worth it. Only bad tanks HP stack, good tanks build armor/MR. 200 MR and armor both is very common for games that last a bit, for those that dont then if the only item you have is that expensive tagged madreds ur useless anyways.

sorry for spelling/grammar tpying while working

Falco Amadeus

05-20-2011

Madred's is an anti-tank item.

biomorph

05-20-2011

Quote:
chilidog889:
madreds is still 10X the anti tank item that DFG is....

This is just fail ...

Neither are anti anything ... They are just great items that do two different things, one based on max HP one based on current HP and are used in different contexts.

Warwick gets Madreds because it's synergy with Duress and attack speed, Kog'Maw gets it because it compliments his oh-what's-the-name ability, Shaco gets it because with clone you have double effect. But generally it works like a charm on champions that favor attack speed EVEN IF they are all 2k HP caster, carry whatever champions but the point is, tank or no tank you build Madreds because of what it does and it's synergy with attackspeed and whatever else comes to mind.

DFG is also a great item for combo nukers, Vegiar always gets this item asap because you can instagib Ashes and the likes as well as casters EVEN IF they only pack 2k HP or whatever you want this item for someone like Veigar. With only 200 AP do that math for a 2k HP target ... it's frekin awesome extra "free" nuke and at the same time it gives you great stats. I could very well imagine DFG be a sweet thing for Annie as well, which now that I think if it, I have to put on my todo list ...

Mattrellen

05-20-2011

I tend to get Madred's on AP champs that won't be doing much with their auto attacks.

I want high magic pen anyway, and it makes me considerably more dangerous after I throw down my spells.

Champs that already want good AD will likely benefit more from crit chance or just extra damage.

Champs without much power behind their attacks seem to benefit more from the passive, and considering they already penetrate MR, it's a perfect match.

ComradeHX

05-20-2011

On Kogmaw perhaps it is an anti-tank item.

On anyone else...no.

Unless you see some noob Malphite stacking Armor/hp but no MR.

Btw, people loses the game when they get one REALLY EXPENSIVE item just to counter a tank.

Warrrrax

05-20-2011

Bloodrazor is an Efficient Damage Dealing item, for those that do not want to invest in crit, nor need true "AD" for spell scaling.

It is pretty efficient even vs 2000 health squishies and happens to gain BONUS effectiveness against those with higher health. It is harder to get magic resist than armor and most champs get a lot more free armor than MR. Therefore it tends to do above average damage.

For 3800 gold, vs the 0 MR (lets assume some magic penetration) Ashe with 2k health
Deals 80 magical, and 30 physical (minus about 10 from armor) = 100 damage.

A bloodthirster is 3200 gold and deals 60-100. Assume it is maxed out and deals 100 physical, minus about 33 = 67 damage.

Vs a 4000 health, 200 armor, 200MR tank

Bloodrazor deals 160 magical and 30 physical = 190... with 67% resist = 65ish damage.

Bloodthirster deals 100 physical = 33 damage.

Bloodrazor is quite effective in all situations with a bonus in certain ones. However, true AD scales with spells and can be multiplied by the use of critical hit. This is why the razor has this increase in efficiency.