Stop saying Madreds is an Anti-Tank Item.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

05-08-2011

Seriously I'm going to murder the next person who says that.

Madreds is an Anti-Health Item.

Vladimir, Mundo, etc STACK HEALTH not armor / mr. That is why madreds is effective on them.

If you see an enemy tank stacking MR, then your madreds is completely useless since it deals magic damage.

Madreds deals magic damage and a good tank gets MR, which means madreds will become useless.

What are anti tank item you might say?

Void Staff and Last Whisper.

Other exceptions can include stacking
Brutalizer, Ghostblade, Black Cleaver, SoTD and Armor Pen Runes, but it's overall much cheaper to buy Last Whisper.

Silverbel

05-08-2011

Buuut many chars classified as tanks or off-tanks use HP piling to protect themselves. Sion for instance?

I see all kinda logic errors in the forums, like people taking armor pen runes with Sivir thinking it will boost ricochet vs. minions in the early game, when Minions don't get ARMOR early game. If you try it out the effect is nonexistant. You get the same 57 damage from the first hit as with +15 or more Armor Pen. It takes so long for minions to build up armor anyway you'd be better off taking a different set; only players start with like 30 armor, and contrary to popular belief armor penetration does not take a target below 0 armor. Or if it does, such a thing does not raise damage done to minions.

Simple fact is, if you are repeating something and you haven't done the math yourself, you are wide open to huge mistakes.

TsurugiHikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbel View Post
Buuut many chars classified as tanks or off-tanks use HP piling to protect themselves. Sion for instance?
If he doesn't build Magical Resistance. Then your argument is valid. Otherwise if he builds some kind of MR, your damage output drops and you will need to mix it up with some AD and AS item to migrate the loss of damage after resistance to magic been accounted for.

Draghinaazzo

05-08-2011

it will still do more damage to a tank than a BT or black cleaver if they build even amounts of armour and MR

TsurugiHikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draghinaazzo View Post
it will still do more damage to a tank than a BT or black cleaver if they build even amounts of armour and MR
I understand where you're getting at but exclusively I'm trying to point out the fact that you won't always revolve your build against a tank team. Unless they're all tanks to begin with.

AD Carry: Just no. Last Whisper will work better than building Madreds in a long run. They could continue to build more armor against you and you won't have to buy any more armor reduction items since Last Whisper unique passive gives you 40% Armor Penetration.

AS Champions: You could think about it, but honestly you will need some decent attack speed items or skill to make it worth while. Though I'm not going to suggest you getting a MR reduction item to help penetrate a basic 100 MR tank. The only champions I could think of that could make it work easily are: Teemo, Kog'Maw, Sivir and possibly Tristina.

Mages: Void Staff will work better in a long run. To top it off, you're not an auto-attacking champ.

In short I still agree with Silent Reapers opening post. The only time I would consider building it is when I see 2 - 3 member of the opposing force building absurd amount of HP and forgot to build some magical resistance. In fact, why would you attack the tank out of all the champions against the other team. Unless they're all tanks, there should be more high priority targets like killing their highest DPS that is killing your team.

Kuryaka

05-08-2011

Kog'maw just needs Bloodrazor overall - he would build Void Staff for W anyway, and it's a bonus.
If you're anti-tank, build what you build. Add Void Staff / Last Whisper.

Ghjjf

05-08-2011

It's not an anti-health item either so your point is invalid. You know what's anti-health? Critting for over 9000 on Gangplank.

Xervous

05-08-2011

Thank you good player, it is nice to see that some people understand how the game works.

Truth is, applying math to something fun is not always fun, so the slackers will rant.

Loron20

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghjjf View Post
It's not an anti-health item either so your point is invalid. You know what's anti-health? Critting for over 9000 on Gangplank.
How is an item that deals a % of max health not an anti-health item? Your logic (or lack there of) leaves something to be desired.

Modevasion

05-08-2011

madreds is still 10X the anti tank item that DFG is....

But yea, you're right when you say madreds is an anti health item. But it's still worth it against HP stacking champs where their hp gets to around 4-5k... even with decent magic resist, it does a decent amount of damage.

Now I wouldn't get it BEFORE a last whisper, etc... But it's definitely something to think about if they're still giving you trouble. It's a low tier anti-tank item.