Rate my Yi build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
If you're playing him for fun and don't care, why are you posting in a forum about a build?

And if you don't want to hear opinions about your champ, don't post here. Don't get pissed at someone for posting in "your" thread. These are not "your" forums, so deal with it instead of acting like a 12 year old.

Also: rage more.
opinions? may i quote what he typed?
"You're playing Master Yi /thread". thats trolling bubs, not an opinion.

n i guess people who race cars for fun shouldn't even worry about tuning huh?

Also: We need forum admins to clean this thread up, so troll kiddies wont flock here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
I generally go like this.

Meki/HP Potions
Phage if I can get it in one trip back.
Boots
Vampiric
Green Potion
Berserker's
I kind of like Stark's
Infinity
Frozen Mallet

I try to always have green potion + lizard when something big is about to go down. Those two + highlander make you a team killer.
This seems like an iffy build, the only dps item you get is infinity, though i can say phage would be good on him with the added survivability and slow, i can barely get to my infini edge before the game ends most of the time.

TheTruhan

03-11-2010

Used to play Yi like before highlander was nerfed...then it seemed like hell with him@_@. Guess I can't use him anymore haha

Back to about your Yi build, my friend uses a build similar to yours minus the philosopher's. It works well I must agree, but never really tried it myself. What I have noticed though is that if you can't get that PD fast, it won't give much contribution to your killing prowess. But it's a solid build, just that I recommend adding a survivability item I like Frozen Mallet the best, or you can go with Warmog's so you can sustain more damage, but I don't know how helpful that would be

CryHavoc

03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
opinions? may i quote what he typed?
"You're playing Master Yi /thread". thats trolling bubs, not an opinion.
He's informing you that as soon as your ELO goes up, no build will be viable with Yi. I used to main Yi, for what it's worth.

Quote:
n i guess people who race cars for fun shouldn't even worry about tuning huh?
To further your analogy, you are proposing putting a turbo on your Pontiac Vibe to race against Ferraris in hopes you will compete. Against good players, you will not. So no. "Tuning" a champ to play at lower rankings is kind of silly. If you play him well, you'll be put against players who know how to shut him down, nullifying your build.

Quote:
Also: We need forum admins to clean this thread up, so troll kiddies wont flock here.
Like those who respond with pithy retorts and foul language to anyone who doesn't necessarily agree with their thread? Do you think he was stating that for no reason? Yi is literally worthless as a champion against a competent team.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
He's informing you that as soon as your ELO goes up, no build will be viable with Yi. I used to main Yi, for what it's worth.

To further your analogy, you are proposing putting a turbo on your Pontiac Vibe to race against Ferraris in hopes you will compete. Against good players, you will not. So no. "Tuning" a champ to play at lower rankings is kind of silly. If you play him well, you'll be put against players who know how to shut him down, nullifying your build.

Like those who respond with pithy retorts and foul language to anyone who doesn't necessarily agree with their thread? Do you think he was stating that for no reason? Yi is literally worthless as a champion against a competent team.
keep typing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorgil View Post
Used to play Yi like before highlander was nerfed...then it seemed like hell with him@_@. Guess I can't use him anymore haha

Back to about your Yi build, my friend uses a build similar to yours minus the philosopher's. It works well I must agree, but never really tried it myself. What I have noticed though is that if you can't get that PD fast, it won't give much contribution to your killing prowess. But it's a solid build, just that I recommend adding a survivability item I like Frozen Mallet the best, or you can go with Warmog's so you can sustain more damage, but I don't know how helpful that would be
yeah, from now on im going to skip philo, and get phantom > phage > infini > frozen.. warmogs would just destroy my damage output, if it was cheaper it'd be good but naww

CryHavoc

03-11-2010

Quote:
keep typing
Keep raging. lololololololol

bc87

03-11-2010

Quote:
meki pendant
philo stone
zerkers boots
phantom dancer
infini edge
frozen mallet

do i need to make any modifcations? should i forget about philo stone and get a better starter item?

Chalice can help when you're low on mana.

Comforts

03-12-2010

What's your win:lose with Yi? I can't seem to get above 50:50. A lot of times, 4 or 5 opponents in the other team will have Exhaust and it's gg for Yi.