[Guide] AP Teemo - The Little Coward That Could

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zylth

03-10-2010

In the world of Teemo's, there exists a rare specimen that shines with a golden grace. Every Teemo wishes to be him and exact godlike fury down upon his foes. They shall cower beneath him and none can dare fight back.

And then there's AP Teemo, the little ******* who will kick you in the shin and run away.

[The "Heres the spells!" Part of the Guide that every guide has to have for some reason]

Camouflage- After standing still for 4 seconds, Teemo becomes invisible until he moves.

• You can recall, and at four seconds when the enemy can't see you, right click your position to cancel the recall. Enemies will think you've recalled when you really are just invisible
  • You can camouflage in a bush. Everyone sees it coming, but it's nice to be a jerk anyways
  • Sit back in team fights by towers and camouflage. When the enemy team chases your team, you can kill any stragglers who happen to get hurt and run back

Blinding Dart
- Deals 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.8) magic damage and causes the target to miss all of their attacks for 1.6/2.2/2.8/3.4/4 seconds.
  • This causes huge bursts of damage to the enemy and can prevent physical carries from destroying your team
Move Quick- Toggle: Teemo's movement speed is increased by 20/25/30/35/40%. Should Teemo be struck while Moving Quick, he gets knocked out of Move Quick.
  • While it's tempting, don't always have this ability on. If your jumped, your cooldown will prevent you from a swift Flash+MoveQuick
  • Don't always rush ahead while chasing, let your teammates get hit by lane creeps and then go for the kill

Toxic Dart
- Teemo's basic attacks poison their target for 8/14/21/28/35 (+0.14) magical damage each second for 5 seconds.
  • The silent killer, this poison does 0.7 of your AP over time, almost making a Zillean bomb worth of damage
  • Putting this on every target in a team fight can be more important than focus firing if your Blinding Dart is down

Noxious Trap
- Places a trap which detonates if an enemy steps on it, poisoning nearby enemies. Poisoned enemies take 350/500/650 (+0.8) magic damage and have their movement speed slowed by 30/40/50% for 4 seconds. Traps last 10 minutes.
  • This spell is what determines if your made to be an AP Teemo. You can't just put these down in every patch of brush you see. The enemies would never touch brush again! You need to put these in every pathway, every lane, every corner, and every nightmare your enemy plans to use. Once your enemy team calls you the dirtiest name imaginable, then you have succeeded in becoming an AP Shroomer.
  • So as emphasized earlier, don't just put in brush, put them in obscure places. Place them for vision for ganks, near baron, a pathway that someone would use if they got hit by another shroom and decided to take the "cautious path". If your enemy team can't predict them, then they will huddle in their base and the jungle becomes your domain.

[Summoner Spells]
So, you have mushrooms that deal a ton of damage over time, and a poison that does a ton of damage over time, the obvious choice is ignite right! Wrong. Your job isn't to kill. I know some sap out there is going to say "Great guide, but I'm going to ignite anyways cause I want to be 12:1!" but there's a dirtier trick than ignites

Flash- I mean really. Did you doubt it? A quick jump forward with huge blind dart burst and a poison has finished off more enemies than I can count. Add in that you can flash away from a battle and hit Quickspeed and you're free as a bird.

Cleanse- Wait? Cleanse? How can you kill people with cleanse? The truthful answer is, most of the time you don't. Teemo has very little hp, and any ignite, stun, snare, or sneeze will take off a good fraction of your life. Being able to remove anything impairing you from hightailing it out of there to mock your enemies incompetence is to your advantage. It also helps when fighting a hero like Sion, will he stun you and kill you? No. Cause you can cleanse, blind, poison, and run while he dies a lonely death.

[Runes]
I get magic penetration and magic regen. Having mana regen in your runes prevents you from having to buy an item to support your mass shroomage.

[Shinies (Items)]

• Dorians Shield + Health Potion: The extra life is needed because you won't be getting anymore for awhile. This is to simply make you strong during the laning phase
  • Mejai's Stack: Your low deaths make Mejai's a devastating opener because your numbers will slowly climb and never drop
  • Magic Pen Boots: ...
  • Void Staff: The less magic resistance, the better
  • At this point, you can sell your Dorian Shield anytime you want to pick up the next items
  • Zhonya's Ring or Banshee's Veil: If you're decimating the team, pick up the ring. If you're having troubles and the opposing team is good at ganking, it's time to save yourself a bit of worry with Veil
  • If the game is still going on, Lichbane is always a nice touch

In previous builds I used Deathfire Grasp as well. It's a decent item, but doesn't work so well at actually finishing off a target, just for getting them started. Feel free to use it though cause it's not bad.

When against Eve's, Shaco's, Twitch's, or even enemy Teemo's, oracle can be a godsend. Foresight is power.

[The Plan]

The first step is to look in your inner self and ask yourself, are you fearless or a coward? If you said fearless, you have many deaths ahead of you.

AP Teemo is the master of hit and runs. If your team is being destroyed, prepare to take some of the heat for not duking it out with them because you shouldn't be making much of a presence. Your job is to sit behind enemy lines, shrooming their escape paths, flanking them with blinds, and killing any runners. It is generally always a poor idea to fight in a 1v1 with someone evenly matched. The only way you can win is if you kite them through a series of shrooms and they have the personality of a bloodthirsty rhino.

Priority for getting spells is Shrooms -> Blinding Dart -> Poison -> Quickspeed, with the exception of getting 1 level of Quickspeed at around level 9. While having a strong free poison early is good for getting creep kills, it's not as useful for harassing and survive enemy physical attacks.

Early game you can choose to be either middle or edge lane, all depending on your team makeup. 2v1 when you have a jungler is also acceptable because Teemo can be a mean son of a ***** at the start of a game

Once you get shrooms, start placing them in all your brush for visibility, and then place them just a little offcenter to where your laning creeps walk. If a hero tries to walk around their creeps to start an attack, they will find a conveniently placed mushroom to change the tide of war.

At mid game, start placing your shrooms in all 4 jungles in the hot spots, and then start working your way out. Shrooming as your top priority gives you map vision, and lets you conveniently move wherever a fight ensues. If you think an enemy is occupying a portion of the map, don't test your luck by shrooming the bush, instead place mushrooms between your team and them so if they do plan to act it can go horribly horribly wrong.

Also during mid/end games, a prime killing technique is to lay a shroom down, and to sit either ontop of, or in the escape path, the mushroom and stay camouflaged. Once the enemy approaches near the limit of your range, pop on a blind and poison and decide whether you want to chase him down further or flee. Even when you don't kill them using this technique, it's a good fear tactic for the future

At the end of a good victory, type /L as fast as you can repeatedly to hear the cutest, squeakiest laugh of a cold blooded killer you've ever heard in your life and smile.

So hopefully after reading this guide, your Teemo will join the ranks of the opposing teams most ****ing annoying *** **** piece of **** they've ever known

[TL;DR version]
Don't pick AP Teemo if you can't read a simple guide, he's made for patient people who like to plan ahead

AutoSponge

03-10-2010

I find AP teemo more effective at map control if he places shrooms in the center of lanes (especially mid). This gives you free gold and stops/weakens an enemy creep wave. That will keep creeps away from your turrets and your team in better position. If your creeps push beyond, this also makes the best escape routes better as enemy champs won't expect center shrooms.

If you want visibility of the jungle, use wards. As soon as someone steps on a shroom, you lose visibility. You don't know if it's junglesticks or their whole team. It's a bad time waiting to happen.

Zylth

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSponge View Post
I find AP teemo more effective at map control if he places shrooms in the center of lanes (especially mid). This gives you free gold and stops/weakens an enemy creep wave. That will keep creeps away from your turrets and your team in better position. If your creeps push beyond, this also makes the best escape routes better as enemy champs won't expect center shrooms.

If you want visibility of the jungle, use wards. As soon as someone steps on a shroom, you lose visibility. You don't know if it's junglesticks or their whole team. It's a bad time waiting to happen.

I agree and disagree. When you place a shroom mid lane when pushing, it's a wonderful thing, but simply leaving them there tends to only yield ~2 kills (first 2 footmen) unless it's a huge wave. With huge waves it's just easier to walk over and lay down a mushroom on their casters and take them out in one pop.

As for the visibility, if the team is MIA you and someone pops a shroom, you shouldn't chase them. But now you know someone was moving in that area and to group up near there or flee. Myself, personally, NEVER try to solo someone who hits a shroom at full hp unless I have backup. I only striker people who try and flee or run from a fight to do a U turn into some brush for a cheap kill before blue pill