The new TF build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helidead09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

As many of you know, the next patch brings about some really huge changes for tf. He loses gate as an ability and gains a passive. For full details, go here.

http://www.lol-europe.com/board/showthread.php?t=21794

Anyways, with the upcoming changes, AP TF doesn't seem like it will be optimal any longer. So I was wondering what item builds you guys had in mind. I am thinking along the lines of (finishing items)

Berserkers Greaves
Sword of the Divine
Nashors Tooth
Infinity Edge
Malady
Phantom Dancer

Of course thats if you get enough money. And I would buy those items in the order listed. What do you guys think and what are your ideas?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Trinity Force would work pretty well also.

Sarpati

03-10-2010

Focus on attack speed, IMO. He's new passive effectively makes him a ranged pseudo-Jax/Udyr. Nashor's Tooth is overkill due to his passive giving 15% CDR - you get 9% from masteries alone.

Then again, if the Red Card notes are correct and I'm not reading them wrong, it looks like it'll do 2x AD + bonus damage (+0.4), so a focus on AD could work as well.

I still see AP being viable, though. Lost damage on WC and GC, but gained some through the passive. If you get something like 400 AP, that's still 200 damage on WC, 160 on GC and 120 on Stacked Deck. Combine that with Lich Bane and you have some great burst*.

*Potentially 220 (GC) + 400 (LB) + 460 (WC) + 400 (LB) + 330 (SD) = 1810. Before the nerf that would actually be less damage, as the higher scaling on WC and 190 extra damage on GC would not result in 330 more damage.

skystream92

03-10-2010

I think a hybrid sort of build may be needed with TF. While it is true that his new passive gives him a Jax-like ability in terms of damage output, TF's squishiness really doesn't lend him to standing around autoattacking. Currently TF is used to weave in and out of fights with WC and GC, and he dies pretty fast if you aren't careful.

Danulas

03-10-2010

Sheen will remain a staple of TF builds, but now we'll start seeing Sword of the Divine, Malady and Black Cleaver.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

I hope that AP TF still works well- the nerfs he gets seem needless.

(I mean, seriously, why does gate/destiny need an even longer cooldown?)

On the bright side, he is also getting some nice buffs- the new blue cards could help with mana dependency and the new reds should be good for dps.

OLI HC

03-10-2010

no rageblade?

TupacLives420

03-10-2010

I'll be playing him the same way I always have, a hybrid.

1.Catalyst -> 4.Rod
2.Boots
3.Sheen
5.Rageblade
6.Zeal
7.Phage
8.Trinity

Sometimes I get trinity first, depends on the game. Weave in banshees instead of rod depending of teams, etc.

Galgus

03-10-2010

The new passive looks pretty useful.

Helidead09

03-10-2010

I actually tried rageblade, and I don't really like it. I feel like it doesn't give enough.

TupacLives420

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidead09 View Post
I actually tried rageblade, and I don't really like it. I feel like it doesn't give enough.
I'd replace it with an earlier trinity then, and start working on GA/BV