Jax Ap or Ad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Overcast

03-10-2010

I personally find that having a mix of both AD and AP utilizes all of Jax talents and brings out the best in him.
Example weapons: Trinity Force and Guinsoo's Rageblade

Balorlord

03-10-2010

I go AD because I hit towers harder and can utilize lifesteal.

Merovinge

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balorlord View Post
I go AD because I hit towers harder and can utilize lifesteal.
Yea lifesteal is the definitive advantage AD has over AP. I currently really like AP, but I think next patch is pushing pretty hard for a AD build.

AIM7Sparrow

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovinge View Post
Yea lifesteal is the definitive advantage AD has over AP. I currently really like AP, but I think next patch is pushing pretty hard for a AD build.
Yeah the upcoming patch nerfed HP/AP harder than HP/AD. 33% compared to 25%. This might finally stop people from buying Soulstealer on Jax. (I hate it when they do.) Hybrid will still seem like the best option with Guinsoo's, Atma's, and later Rylai's being your core items. Additionally, I've seen people go Last Whisper and Bloodthirster after Atma's and enjoyed the theory behind it very much.

M3MBRAN3

03-10-2010

The core of all builds seems to be boots+ragebalde, after that it can go either AP or AD.

I can't see why you wouldn't get a triforce after rageblade as it is so useful on him. The sheen procs all the time from spammable empower and the phage gives you a reliable slow plus you get some damage, AP, mana and AS. With this hybrid build you should be putting out reasonable damage with your autoattacks but your ult should be processing pretty quickly and with magic pen. runes doing sizeable damage. Throw in a lifesteal item and you should be raping face.

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2010

I usually go full AP, getting a Boots first and then a Rageblade. After that, I go for a Rylai's so I can chase forever, and then a Lich Bane for even more sustained Burst damage. After that I might go for a Zhonya's or Nashor's Tooth (for more delicious Lich Bane procs), and oftentimes if I'm murdering I'll throw a mejai's in somewhere.

Although, I have been considering trying out a more hybrid build, maybe with an earlier Tooth, and maybe even with a Trinity Force.

I haven't ever made use of Elixirs, but I'll try that at some point.

It seems to me that AP Jax deals higher damage (He gets 1:1 on everything but Empower, which is insane considering how spammable everything is), but AD Jax is more survivable due to Lifesteal (and with the new patch that takes it to 4/2 from 5/3).

All in all, I haven't been playing him long, so i still have plenty of experimenting to do.