Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax Ap or Ad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

keftes

Recruiter

03-10-2010

Atma's on jax = VERY good. Check how much his dmg goes up.

PhoenixBomb

Recruiter

03-10-2010

Getting Atmas after I get my Rageblade nets me about 50 damage, and consequently, 250 hp. This is after it finishes spiraling. So for 2.4k, I get 50 damage, 250 health, 45 armor, and 18 crit. Thats 1850 + lets say 600 for the health + 700 + 880 = 4030 component gold. Plus, it only gets better as I continue to get items/use pots.

Big thing to remember is that Atmas with fort pot and Baron buff makes you jesus on wheels, and you should always be shooting for those two after lvl 15 or so.

Zero Control

Recruiter

03-10-2010

I like stackign the pots, never thought of that...gonna try to do that early game maybe get a quick kill...what do you all think?

Abe Faced K1LLA

03-10-2010

with a full dodge page i go

boots/3 health pots
ninja tabis
rageblade
life leech ring
soulstealer
bloodthirsters

if game isnt already due to your charged up soulstealer/thirster go for rylais or banshee depending on opponent needs.

this is with ignite and ghost as skills
31-0-9 sometimes go with 31-9-0 for nimbleness but benefit negligible

Abe Faced K1LLA

03-10-2010

tri-force can work as well

AIM7Sparrow

03-10-2010

Quote:
Jobraham:
with a full dodge page i go

boots/3 health pots
ninja tabis
rageblade
life leech ring
soulstealer
bloodthirsters

if game isnt already due to your charged up soulstealer/thirster go for rylais or banshee depending on opponent needs.

this is with ignite and ghost as skills
31-0-9 sometimes go with 31-9-0 for nimbleness but benefit negligible

you definitely don't need a FULL dodge page. that's just overkill. I feel the same way about getting phantom dancer. Ninja Tabi + Yellow Dodge Runes + Mastery + Counter Strike is most definitely all the dodge you need.

Btw you have 30 mastery points, not 40. I like to get 0-9-21

Kilolas

03-10-2010

I have gotten Berserker Greaves instead of Tabi on my last 3 games as Jax, barely noticed this missing dodge.

Khranz

03-10-2010

It isn't worth stacking Dodge on Jax unless you're against more than one DPS carry like Yi, Trynd, Trist, etc. AP Jax has incredible burst damage and decent survivability thanks to great AP scaling and lots of HP. I like to go Mejai's, Nashor, Rageblade, Rylai's, Lichbane and Boots based on enemy team. If I'm worried I won't fill a Mejai's, I'll skip it and somewhere along the lines grab a Lifesteal scepter and eventually build a Bloodthirster.

I've never tried, but I'm sure Nashors, Rageblade and then AD stacking would probably work really well. Maybe Bloodthirster and Atma's. I still prefer AP though. Rylai's is just too awesome on Jax. Gives you 740 health (next patch), 80 more damage on Leap and Ult and gives you 2 single and 2 multi target slows (35% and 15% respectively).

Weyen

03-10-2010

Right now, I have a lot more luck as AP Jax. With Mejai's, and Lichbane proccing off Empower, he does very solid burst damage, and there are a few items which give you both really solid HP and AP (like Rylai's Scepter and Rod of Ages). Leap in, empower+lichbane, and you have a massive amount of front loaded damage, while AD Jax has a more steady pace.

Though it looks like AD Jax is getting relatively better on the test realm. His passive is going from "5 and 3" to "4 and 2" (a 20% loss for AD Jax, a 33% loss for AP Jax), Empower is getting bonus damage from AD, Sword of the Occult is being changed to a flat +damage item (handy for Jax since he's got no inherent crit) while Mejai's is getting nerfed. So I'm thinking AD Jax might be the way to go in the future.

smokeD

03-10-2010

All about the hybrid.