Countering Chogath?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UMeB8K4kxYN9MVRT

08-27-2009

No doubt endgame Chogath is a beast; I've been in several games where he's at 5000+ life, and I've seen a lot of builds with him having at least 1-2 beefy armor items too. I've had him tank towers while our entire team hurls themselves against him to no avail. This is a problem with a few other heroes, but I haven't seen it so prevalently as it is with him. Does anyone have an effective way to counter him endgame or do you just have to shut him down as fast and hard as you can the whole match?

Bean

08-27-2009

Shut him down early. I find good combat heroes can counter his massive tanking ability. Jax and Master Yi especially. They can just stand there and pound on him. With a slow hammer, he just loses health at a steady pace and can't really run. Obviously, with a whole team there, it is difficult to kill him. Often times, though, he doesn't have much dmg to offer so we often ignore him in team battles.

Krazyshadow

08-27-2009

Don't ignore him. Since each team should have at least 2 clairs, try and catch him while he's trying to fill up his warmogs (assuming you couldn't shut him down early). In a team battle, burn down the softies and retreat if you get close to the feast hp mark. Chogath is worth focusing before some other targets since if you kill him you reduce his effectiveness for the next 5 minutes or so.

Krazyshadow

08-27-2009

The reason not to ignore him in large team battles is that when a good Chogath finishes his warmogs and sunfire, his next item happens to be an atmas, which doubles his damage output to around 220. Not a joke, and if you get low he will flash/walk up to you and eat you.

DarkWeeble

08-27-2009

I play Cho'Gath and got wrecked by an evasion Jax yesterday. The guy said he had 42% dodge by the end of the game. We had three heroes on him and he killed us all. It was just sad, really.

Thunderstar100

05-26-2014

The best way to counter cho'gath is with a champion with a health shredder. Liandry's also should work, but as of now in patch 0.9.22.15 he is pretty op. But the new champion Gangplank seems like he has some potential against Cho