Heimerdinger-some questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

so ive been playing heimerdinger and im wondering if i can still dish out lots of damage (full ap) and still help my team.ive heard comments like
-o heimer cant do anything to change a game he does good damage but cant stop a fed char-
and
-a well coodinated team makes heimer useless-
i dont wanna believe this cause i like heimy
im sure he can still make a large impact on games especially if there isnt a fed champ on the enemy. and im also wondering if snowballing works on him too cos of his missles.
o and btw can heimer (going full ap) do HEAPS of damage with ap? like missles do decent amount of damage? 400?

TL;DR (whateva that means)
1. can heimer change games?
2.can heimer snowball with mejajs?
3. and can he do a decent amount of damage going ap?

thnx for reading my wall of text i hope the pros will adress my questions

Truition

05-07-2011

If you play heimer as the farmer that he is and make sure you get a decent amount of AP you can change games without a doubt. I've had his rockets hitting over 400 quite easily. Snowballing can work as heimer if you play smart, you cant rush into the fray like a carry because you will get destroyed. Heimers damage is more than decent as a full ap build, always funny to set up turrets in the brush as the enemy ashe wonders in, see how quick she dies.

Teldin

05-07-2011

Heimer really excels with high AP; the only other real option for him is aura stuff since you'll be running around the back of the fight. I would not get any snowball items just because they are so unreliable; I have rocked a few Heimer games with Archangel's Staff, Rabadon's, Rylai's, and Sorc. Shoes, Rod of Ages, and Abyssal/Haunting Guise/WoTA (depending on team/enemy comp). When you are one-shotting squishies with your rockets + grenade combo, people sit up and take notice (in my last game I one-shotted an Ezreal and he was pretty amazed). Seriously, like one spell will hit for 40% of their health. Throw in turrets that do 3-4 times normal damage and they are in a world of hurt.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2011

o wow so he can still be played reaelly good

Cerubois

05-08-2011

Heimer has his own role in games. He's a walking base. And where he sets up his base is key. He really is 100% about positioning in the game, and if he's out of position, he's very weak. It just takes time and effort to figure out all the best ways he can help out his team.

About the coordinated team part. That is definitely true. If they start sending someone behind to assassinate Heimer, they'll easily beat him. The counter to that is a Guardian Angel or Zhonya's. Heimer's two best friends. They keep him alive, and his turrets will keep firing (which is roughly half of Heimer's damage output).

XTreeX

05-08-2011

o thnx