Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Solo-ing a tower--how?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyeBlaze

03-10-2010

Quote:
Sorano:
Soloing (with a fresh creepwave, mind you) is incredibly easy for tons of characters during or after mid game. It isn't about self-healing or even resisting damage, it's simply about doing the most damage with auto-attacks as fast as possible. Simply put:

Natural for the task:

- Sivir
- Yi
- Twitch
- Ashe
- Pantheon
- Tristana
- Udyr

With the right builds:

- Rammus (with ult and defensive curl)
- AD Shaco (with his ult)
- AD Nidalee
- AD Sion
- AD Jax
- AD Mundo
- AD Teemo
- AD Corki
- AD Twisted Fate

There you go. There's not a whole of debate. Anything that can auto-attack with high damage and attack speed shreds towers.

You did forget Tristana. She can down a tower in like, 4-5 seconds. And rocketjump away into the jungle, too.

Sorano

Recruiter

03-10-2010

@SyeBlaze: :P

I always found surprising that Nasus' Siphoning Strike (Q Spell) does extra damage to towers on hit. With the right farming he *could* possibly one shot towers.

Just a thought and unlikely to happen in a real game.

Kesshisan

Recruiter

03-10-2010

Quote:
Sorano:
Soloing (with a fresh creepwave, mind you) is incredibly easy for tons of characters during or after mid game. It isn't about self-healing or even resisting damage, it's simply about doing the most damage with auto-attacks as fast as possible. Simply put:

Natural for the task:

- Sivir
- Yi
- Twitch
- Ashe
- Pantheon
- Tristana
- Udyr

With the right builds:

- Rammus (with ult and defensive curl)
- AD Shaco (with his ult)
- AD Nidalee
- AD Sion
- AD Jax
- AD Mundo
- AD Teemo
- AD Corki
- AD Twisted Fate

There you go. There's not a whole of debate. Anything that can auto-attack with high damage and attack speed shreds towers.

You missed AD Taric and AD Alistair. Taric's ultimate increases Taric's melee damage by a fair amount (I think it's 80% at max level.) Though AD Taric is fairly worthless for anything outside of taking out towers and maybe soloing baron. I'd comment on AD Alistair, but I don't think I have enough games played as Alistair to be anything close to an authority on the heal-cow.

Zeero

Recruiter

03-10-2010

Depending on at what point during the game you are referring to, as a Nassus player I can shred towers. SS hits towers for 500 dmg easily and late in the game it is on a very short cooldown. Pop your ult for the extra HP and tear into it. Creeps come? Not a problem just drop SF and they all die and you keep on going.

nicosharp

03-10-2010

Dps gragas!

madroxthree

03-10-2010

malphite takes down towers pretty well with his W skill even if he's built a tank. if you build him with a little damage he's pretty good at raping towers. if you build him full damage towers are a walk in the park, but you die too fast mid-end game because malphite's low hp + ****ing slow waddle= free other team gank.

i agree though that pantheon ranks top 5 for best backdoor building smasher hero. turrets with low hp, turretless inhibitors and the nexus go down fast if you build him pure damage.

DaBRUM

03-10-2010

Quote:
AutoSponge:
Alistar + Last Whisper + recurve bow + R = melted tower.

+Sheen

Balorlord

03-10-2010

Quote:
Zirun:
Sivir can't backdoor well. Her only damage-increasing ability is on a fairly long cooldown and is also one of her key abilities for escaping a gank. She's better off just pushing.

The best champions for backdooring are ones with superior mobility and/or huge damage and/or can create things to tank the tower for him and/or has an ability that allows them to tank or avoid tower damage. This includes, but is not limited to, Twisted Fate, Shaco, Udyr, Twitch, Heimerdinger, Shaco, Pantheon, Master Yi, and Alistar.

Any champion can backdoor a low enough given the right circumstances (teleport to a ward near a tower, for example), though.

I love how you repeat shaco.

KeVoN xD

03-10-2010

Shaco,

Good dps item, + ult = gg tower, +q bye bye

Tanerian

03-10-2010

Lots can do it honestly.

Twitch is probably #1 because he can do it without being touched by the tower, and he can get there stealthed.

However I think a well built (crit +dmg)Master Yi (Not a lame attack speed Yi) can take out a tower perhaps faster than any other character. R+E with a good build will drop a tower in like 7 seconds.

He's squishy so you might lose good amount of hp's doing this, but you should be able to take out a tower and fade into the jungle rather effectively.