Solo-ing a tower--how?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zirun

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
how has sivir not been mentioned
Sivir can't backdoor well. Her only damage-increasing ability is on a fairly long cooldown and is also one of her key abilities for escaping a gank. She's better off just pushing.

The best champions for backdooring are ones with superior mobility and/or huge damage and/or can create things to tank the tower for him and/or has an ability that allows them to tank or avoid tower damage. This includes, but is not limited to, Twisted Fate, Shaco, Udyr, Twitch, Heimerdinger, Shaco, Pantheon, Master Yi, and Alistar.

Any champion can backdoor a low enough given the right circumstances (teleport to a ward near a tower, for example), though.

EcoEco

03-09-2010

You know who I like to use? RAMMUS
1 minute CD Ulti that damage buildings
Sure his attack speed isn't something amazing
Sure his attack damage isn't something amazing either (usually around 150ish)
But along with his Ulti and the fact the tower does minimal damage and a powerball that if you know how to control can get you out of almost any 1 vs 1, 1 vs 2, and maybe 1 vs 3 ganks. I like to use him more.

Of course you can pick Master Yi, Udyr and the like. Basically champions with ability that increase attack speed. Its too much trouble to stack attack speed and damage (like Teemo). Teemo can take down tower but too slow compare to Master Yi or Udyr or Tristana.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

grab shaco, give him a bloodrazor, greaves, and a few sunfire capes, pop the clone, watch as he downs the tower and all the surrounding creeps in seconds

Nabonidus

03-10-2010

Twitch, Taric, Yi, And Mundo all come to mind for me (and don't claim mundo can't do it. Warmog's, atma's, and his ult is all he needs.:P). I don't know for sure about Sivir; a lot of her push power comes from minions. She probably could at the moment, though. After the patch? Not certain, since they're nerfing her range a bit.

Eco's list is also primarily correct as well. Should probably have Mordekaiser listed there though. Once he gets a ghost, he can just make a beeline for a turret.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-10-2010

Twitch can only take a low health tower down,

Yes he has the speed,
Yes he CAN have the damage,
Yes he has the stealth

NO he can't hit the tower from out of range (That was nerfed)
He doesn't have the HP to survive what 3-4 hits?

Personally Yi or Pantheon would be my recommendations but that's only because i fail as Alistair.

Alistair is practically designed to take down Towers.

Ergal

03-10-2010

How about high level Trist and her range? (+90% atk speed buff)

Mord can charge his shield quite fast on enemy minions so tower can not take him down so fast

Vijaya

03-10-2010

Towers take less damage when your creeps aren't around and deal bonus damage over multiple hits (goes up to 150% I think). Given these two things you shouldn't be backdooring unless the tower is near dead, otherwise you're going to be gone for a long time which will mean either 1) a gank or B) you're team is gonna lose a team fight because you aren't there to help.

AutoSponge

03-10-2010

Alistar + Last Whisper + recurve bow + R = melted tower.

Balonar

03-10-2010

Singed! His Ult gives him health regen, attack speed, and damage. With zero damage items he can do over 150+ damage at over 1.5 atkspeed. Not only that but if his ult's still up he can escape the oncoming backlash as well!

Sorano

03-10-2010

Soloing (with a fresh creepwave, mind you) is incredibly easy for tons of characters during or after mid game. It isn't about self-healing or even resisting damage, it's simply about doing the most damage with auto-attacks as fast as possible. Simply put:

Natural for the task:

- Sivir
- Yi
- Twitch
- Ashe
- Pantheon
- Tristana
- Udyr

With the right builds:

- Rammus (with ult and defensive curl)
- AD Shaco (with his ult)
- AD Nidalee
- AD Sion
- AD Jax
- AD Mundo
- AD Teemo
- AD Corki
- AD Twisted Fate

There you go. There's not a whole of debate. Anything that can auto-attack with high damage and attack speed shreds towers.