Solo-ing a tower--how?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

Here's a look at the ultimate form of backdooring--soloing the **** tower without minions around to take damage for you.

Which champ/spell/build/tactic do you think would be best for this job?

It'd have to be someone who can slip out of enemy's sight and approach their tower easily (quick and stealthy).
Have decent armor and HP to tank the tower.
Have good way to regen (whether through flat HP/5 or drain) and sustain yourself.
Can survive 1v1 or run away from a group of champs out to hunt you easily.

I'm thinking Nasus or DPS Eve might work well. Seems like they have pretty good survivability, and can deal some pretty nasty dmg (esp Nasus).
After getting some leech item, you could attack the tower, run back and kill creeps to regain HP, wash, rinse, repeat until tower is down.

ps. This is just a thought experiments. It seems that every now and then, you always run into a team that you simply cannot rely on, and the best option becomes to go at it alone. So please restrain yourself from too much flaming.

Dodd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

Alternatively, play Master Yi and go R+E+AUTOATTACKAUTOATTACK and win.

FeLpZ

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
I'm thinking Nasus or DPS Eve might work well. Seems like they have pretty good survivability, and can deal some pretty nasty dmg (esp Nasus).
After getting some leech item, you could attack the tower, run back and kill creeps to regain HP, wash, rinse, repeat until tower is down.
what kind of uber noobs are you playing that let you sit at their tower long enough so you can "rinse and repeat"? **** i can barely cause any damage to the tower before someone comes along

Xocolatl

03-09-2010

Would Yi work good for that? I totally forgot that he has a self-heal, which could help regen even faster. He would have a harder time sneaking out of the base though.

@FeLpZ:
I'm talking about when the other team is amassing for a push, you could very well backdoor them, and then move to a different tower (hence the stealthy and mobility aspect).

I think I'll give Yi a try. How many IP does he cost now? Might as well buy a melee DPS. I don't have a single one right now.

How do you think Kayle would do? She does have an invul and a soft heal/kiting ability, but somehow it feels like she'd make a very poor DPS.

Sarpati

03-09-2010

Pantheon with attack speed items. His ulti let's him teleport to the tower, and his passive, with enough attack speed, blocks most if not all of a tower's attacks. Doubt there's anything better but Sion with an AD build has a ****ton of damage and his shield shrugs off a lot of the tower's damage.

And Udyr, with Tiger Stance, takes towers out incredibly fast. Also, Alistar's passive increases damage to towers, and you can shrug off much of the damage thanks to the high HP and heal, not to mention that an Atma's Impaler alone will put your damage at 150+.

Never forget AD Twisted Fate. Gate to the tower, finish it off and get out (or just walk to it and Gate to get out).

WasabiCannon

03-09-2010

Twitch cant even be touched by a tower to be hurt.

Alistar with his ult will take no damage from a tower and if you build him damage rather then a support tank you win. <3

Sarpati

03-09-2010

Oh yeah, forgot about Twitch's ulti. And if you go with a high AD build, just stealthing up to a tower is enough to take it out.

EchoRex

03-09-2010

Anything with armor over 120, attack speed over 1.2, and attack damage over 200. Throw in armor penetration for laughable tower take downs.

Normally use Mundo or Blitz. But APen DPS Kass and Pantheon do the trick just as well.

Stoneglacier

03-09-2010

Quote:
Here's a look at the ultimate form of backdooring--soloing the **** tower without minions around to take damage for you.
That is not the "ultimate form of backdooring". That is the only definition of backdooring.

If you have minions with you to tank it is not backdooring.

Just because there is not someone on the other team there to defend, that doesn't mean you are backdooring.

It is called backdooring because you can sneak in and do it without people noticing. If you follow your minions there, the other team can see you as you kill the opposing minions.

I don't understand the confusion with this...

FeLpZ

03-09-2010

how has sivir not been mentioned