[Request] Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Tibbers

09-14-2009

There aren't really any general jungling guides...because generally speaking, most champs can't viably jungle. Not even with Smite. Nunu, Warwick, Amumu, Soraka (not worth it, imo), Taric come to mind off the bat. Yeah, maybe with Heal and Smite you could do it, but it's a waste of summoner spells if you have to completely retool your character just to jungle, imho.

Trend

09-14-2009

You either need extreme luck or a 3rd madred's for baron (or to be super fed, but if you're fed you wouldn't care)

Darkening

09-14-2009

I Semi-jungle with Jax and Yi. With Yi I pick up the mana regen trinket and a health pot, then I kill witches. After that i'll run out and solo the mid, continuously using A-strike whenever it is up. When I have enough money for boots (920) I hearth back and grab em. On the way back I'll run over and kill the witches again. As soon as I hit lvl 6 I run over and get the lizard buff, then gank a player with my ult plus the buff (usually the guy in the middle i've been harassing). Then I just kill the dragon every time its up. After that its straight for Stark's fervor into Phantom Blades.

BigCat

09-15-2009

With Warwick, cloth armor + 3x health pot is plenty of padding to do the golem first (for the aura) provided you have at least 2 of Smite, Heal or Rally. I prefer the last two, since Smite tapers off in usefulness in the late stages of the game. I highly suggest starting with the golem as other orders will usually give you pretty annoying downtime by forcing you to bp (or sit around waiting to regen) before you're ready to buy.

Golem then any 3 camps (you shouldn't need any breaks) should get you to 700g, at which point you can BP, pick up Madred's, then go back in until you're L6. You'll probably need to cross the river at some point because of lack of spawns.... if you don't, it probably means you're a little on the slow side.

At L6, pop out to help gank, but (as was mentioned earlier) it's probably best to go back to jungling while your ult is on cooldown. You're hard to gank (unless they make an extra special effort to clairvoyance you) in the jungle, you already have one Madred's and now both the lizard and golem should be absolute cake. I personally forgo a second Madred's in favour of an item that'll help you gank... I'm not sure what's best, frankly, as there are a bunch of good answers.