[Request] Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irony

08-27-2009

Are there any general jungling guides or things i need to know?
I wanted to try Jungling today but would rather know the basics before doing anyting

Vindico Atrum

08-27-2009

Try a jungle with warwick guide, and carry that out. Not all champions can jungle from level one, though.

Irony

08-27-2009

Already read that guide

Anything else i might need to know? How often should i be killing the dragon or how fast it respawns?

Mannan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irony View Post
How often should i be killing the dragon
Whenever it is up. It rewards global money which is very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irony View Post
or how fast it respawns?
every 5 minutes i believe.

If you dont want to play melee character, jungle Fiddlesticks is quite good.

Yuralz

09-13-2009

Jungle Nunu is another popular one.

Jungle Malphite is doable but not as efficient as the rest.

Ryderia

09-13-2009

Taric is another GREAT jungle, though why you'd jungle on Taric instead of finding a good lane partner is beyond me....

Zeyk

09-13-2009

Pretty simple. Get Smite and Heal/Rally as your spells. Buy Cloth Armor and blow both of them to kill the Lizard at the beginning of the game. Kill the other camps and teleport back to buy Madred's when you can afford it. With that you should be able to kill the dragon so start doing so whenever he spawns. Keep killing all the creep waves, get boots and a second Madred's and you're golden. Always be paying attention to what's happening in the lanes and jump out for ganks, remember that's half the reason you're jungling. Warwick needs his ult to do it well but he can manage with just Lizard's if you coordinate with your teammates. You might be able to solo Baron at higher levels, or you might need help from a teammate, but either way start killing him too when you can, it will help your team massively.

What do you guys think about a third Madred's? It's overkill for the other creeps but I'm wondering if it's worth it for Baron.

JC0226

09-13-2009

My usual order is: Kill golem camp first for the mana (Only tried with warwick, just using a smite, so it should work for others if they blow their rally as well), other camp near there, then lizard plus other camps there, and cross over to enemy golem camp to get that buff as well, before bping back for madred. Then, go to enemy lizard and kill everything there, then dragon. By then my jungling career is pretty much over, and I gank heroes for a living:P, although you could go for more madred's if you wanna keep jungling or you wanna solo baron, I've never went that route since I'm usually too busy helping with teamfights/ganks.

Items:
Cloth armor + health pot
Madred
Then carry/tank items

Zeyk

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC0226 View Post
My usual order is: Kill golem camp first for the mana (Only tried with warwick, just using a smite, so it should work for others if they blow their rally as well), other camp near there, then lizard plus other camps there, and cross over to enemy golem camp to get that buff as well, before bping back for madred. Then, go to enemy lizard and kill everything there, then dragon. By then my jungling career is pretty much over, and I gank heroes for a living:P, although you could go for more madred's if you wanna keep jungling or you wanna solo baron, I've never went that route since I'm usually too busy helping with teamfights/ganks.

Items:
Cloth armor + health pot
Madred
Then carry/tank items
Why even get Madred's if you're only gonna use it to kill two camps? That's not really a jungling strat, Warwick is a subpar ganker when his ult isn't up. Better IMO to at least use its cooldown to keep farming the creeps, the less time you spend around your teammates the more exp/money they get, and you're gonna want to keep killing the dragon and getting the golem/lizard buffs.

ScholarZero

09-14-2009

Don't get a second Madred's, go for items that can increase damage to champions. You're plenty good at jungling with a single madred's and your W (with Warwick).