Corki: AP or AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swanky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

pre obvious AD to Carry AP to Nuke, but ur survivability is **** lategame as AP, Unless u get a RoA or sumthing

wildfire393

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodious View Post
AD is much more effective, and be sure to rush black cleaver. Machine gun applies on hit effects such as black cleaver's armor pen. Just harass early game with auto attack + bomb and max machine gun for spamming once you build some AD items.
Gatling does NOT apply on-hits (it'd be busted with stuff like Madred's if this was the case). However, you can autoattack while it's going on. So applying massive armor reduction via gatling and then even more massive reduction via black cleaver = they have negative armor and are taking extra damage, which leads to them dying quickly.

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

03-10-2010

Personally I play AP, I find that you can get your job done from a greater range with more HP then AD Corki if you play AP.

AP is not for everyone though, and I know I will probably get attacked for saying it's viable.

Timlankey

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post
Personally I play AP, I find that you can get your job done from a greater range with more HP then AD Corki if you play AP.

AP is not for everyone though, and I know I will probably get attacked for saying it's viable.
ASDKJASDAKS OMG UR SO NOOB! It's not viable!

I kid, I really don't play Corki so I don't know.

Theodious

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Gatling does NOT apply on-hits (it'd be busted with stuff like Madred's if this was the case). However, you can autoattack while it's going on. So applying massive armor reduction via gatling and then even more massive reduction via black cleaver = they have negative armor and are taking extra damage, which leads to them dying quickly.
Sorry, I used to play him alot and rush black cleaver for the added armor pen, though I misinterpreted my old build and was thinking it was automatically applied it. I forgot that it had to be manually applied, which is still very effective as you mentioned.

Eitherway, my old build revolved around high damage output with Black cleaver, Bloodthirster, Frozen Mallet (I think) and Infinity edge if possible. Depending on the game, this leaves you free to get 1 armor or survivability item of any kind, or two if you drop one of the items I listed (given they are all high cost items). Boots depend on the game, just remember to try to keep Valkyrie off CD for the escape, and attack speed is not necessary when you have his gatling gun. Late game you'd be a fool to stand in it.

fatalfencer

03-10-2010

most of my games last around 30 minutes, so being able to get all three of those bf items doesn t happen much. Ive been starting the game with a health crystal, on blue pill back, i buy boots, then go for catylyst, then triforce, then turn catylyst into the veil.

Ryzalis

03-10-2010

I used to play solo mid carry AD Corki exclusively, but I've been trying out AP Corki lately. It's fun, but it doesn't feel quite as strong as AD Corki come late game. Because of Corki's bad AP ratios, I focus on magic penetration: Sorcerer's Shoes, Haunting Guise, Rylai's, Void Staff

Concretar

03-10-2010

Before I played corki I mostly played mages and was really fed up with stacking the same AP items all the time - but I wasn't familiar enough with AD to build an AD Corki.

My corki is a (to me, fun) mix of both. Since I start with sheen I'm required to spam spells during battle anyways so I might as well have some AP to boost that spell damage!

I build:

1. Amplifying tome + Health Pot (Crystal + 2 pots is smarter, but I'm an aggressive ass)
2. Sheen + whatever boots fit the situation

3. First decision: Rageblade or Rylai's
If you've managed to make a few burst kills with sheen, you can keep going down that lane by building a Rageblade. I try to get the Pickaxe first for extra last-hitting minion ease.

If you're forced to play cautiously, throwing rockets at the enemy from afar or simply forced to Valk out of battles early, go for Giant's Belt. Once you have Rylai's you can (assuming you're still playing defensively) slow any pursuers you have.

4. If you got the Rageblade, get Rylai's as 4th. If you got Rylai's get Rageblade as fourth! To me they're both essential items for Corki.

5. Is the game dragging on this far you can go for Trinity force, Stark's Fervor or Infinity Edge. No need to get Frozen Mallet because you're already slowing the f out of everyone!
(Wait, or does Frozen Mallet stack with Rylai's? That'd be AWESOME!)

This build works really well for me since it 'encourages' (forces) me to make full use of both sides of Corki, getting my hands dirty in teamfights as well as hunting down the stragglers.