Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Blitzcrank, Wondertank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotFluf

VP of People

03-09-2010

There are a number of perfectly decent DPS focused Blitzcrank guides out there. As much fun as playing Blitz as a walking AP/AD bomb, I find he actually makes an incredibly good pub game tank. He has naturally high health, mana barrier as a passive, and a very short cooldown interrupt. While you do very little dmg outside of popping your ult in team fights, I find 80% of the battle on blitz is effective hooking, which isn't really effected by build. He's one of the few heroes that doesn't require farm or even levels to be a major contributor to the team. Moreover, I find when i play blitz in solo queue or premades, my team just plain wins more often, and no one ever wants to play a tank, so it works out well.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/1347,Blitzcrank%2C+Wondertank

in short i go Doran's Shield > Aegis + Basic boots > tabi/treads > Banshee's Veil/Frozen heart. I typically won't even finish all these in a game, as I'm too busy instilling fear in my lane counterparts, or roaming to setup ganks to farm effectively.

If you like playing blitz, give it a try. You'll still instill nearly the same amount of terror in the opposing team, and fill a key role most teams end of lacking in pub games.

Fluf

AdorableLady

03-09-2010

Quote:
Fluf:
There are a number of perfectly decent DPS focused Blitzcrank guides out there. As much fun as playing Blitz as a walking AP/AD bomb, I find he actually makes an incredibly good pub game tank. He has naturally high health, mana barrier as a passive, and a very short cooldown interrupt. While you do very little dmg outside of popping your ult in team fights, I find 80% of the battle on blitz is effective hooking, which isn't really effected by build. He's one of the few heroes that doesn't require farm or even levels to be a major contributor to the team. Moreover, I find when i play blitz in solo queue or premades, my team just plain wins more often, and no one ever wants to play a tank, so it works out well.

in short i go Doran's Shield > Aegis + Basic boots > tabi/treads > Banshee's Veil/Frozen heart. I typically won't even finish all these in a game, as I'm too busy instilling fear in my lane counterparts, or roaming to setup ganks to farm effectively.

If you like playing blitz, give it a try. You'll still instill nearly the same amount of terror in the opposing team, and fill a key role most teams end of lacking in pub games.

Fluf

Lmao he requires huge amounts of money broski if u want to be good at the game ;p.
Trinity>Frozenheart vs phys, veil vs casters, Infinity for a CritzCrank Gg by that time ur godlike and their nooblike :P Blitzcrank is the only char that can win team fights ez by getting rid of 1/maybe kayle too but yeh

RHINO Mk II

03-09-2010

I want to see a blitzcrank with boots, frozen heart, and 4x RoA. Crazy ass health, Crazier ass mana shield if he gets low, and grab and explode are nukes as well.

aRcKuS

03-09-2010

Quote:
Fluf:

Fluf

I mained Blitz for awhile, and I tried telling people he was better as a Tank / Initiator, but they all yell "INFINITE EDGE" / "STARKS".

I agree with you's tho =]

Don't have to be a super tank, but enough so do to your job. (Hooking)

P.S. For my tanking build I go Boots>Chalice>Frozen Mallet>Frozen Heart <---You should never finish all of these.

For Light Tank / DPS Boots>Trinity>Frozen Heart <-----This is easier to finish, but shouldn't last any longer then that.