Critwick!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Herne

03-09-2010

Okay, so I haven't tested this yet... but.

What makes a carry a carry? ...a commonly weak character at low levels, who can do little to influence early-game except for feeding the other team. Until they hit late game, they have little potential, but can then magically sweep into a teamfight and do horrifying things, earning all the glory and wonder, etc.

Let me repeat the important part of that definition - things happen when they hit late game. How they help or hurt the team early and midgame is less of a big deal, its how they shine at the end that really matters. Anything they can do to help early is nice, but a carry lives and dies by their late performance.

...and what makes a good carry? Usually a mixture of ridiculous stopping power and gimmicky survivability, whether it means a 6 second immunity, a magical jetpack escape, or having enough attack speed to lifesteal Nashor's face off without dying.

...and this is why I want to see what people think about the Critwick. It looks like a Junglewick, it plays like a Junglewick, but its build is nothing like a Junglewick! Instead, you go for a Tyndamere-esque build, playing your merry jungle game while stacking crit from items like Avarice, Executioner's and maybe even something as ridiculous as an IE... all while continuing to do your usual business of popping out of the bushes, Infinite Duressing a weakling so you can help the team, and vanishing to get the dragon for the third time....

In short, does anyone think Warwick can be viable if you use his natural attack speed increases with Hunter's Call, depend on Hungering Strike for life-leech/staying power, and shine late game by peeling faces off with 70% crit chance?

...going to try a game right now stacking avarice blades, and see what happens. =) Wish me luck!

Markcf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

If this works it could be very interesting... Make sure to post results.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

03-09-2010

gl but.......

The problem I see with this is that you have to actually hit the person more than twice per battle to really get anything from your crit %

As it is now, wick gets to R, swipe, E swipe and then the person runs away.....and thats if they dont get get out of your ult.

But alas, gl let us know what results you get

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

i dont see why people even bother with this ****ty champion

Herne

03-09-2010

First game was a roflstomp against some bad players. You CAN solo elder golem with brawler's gloves though.... I think the goal is Executioner's Calling and then start stacking Phantom Dancers. I didn't even get boots.... Was going with 21 in Utility tree and Teleport for 'mobility'..... Hmmm... 6 kills, 1 death, Time to try again!

RiskX

Recruiter

03-09-2010

bad idea warwick item build should be damage per hit and benefiting his ult in every way like wilts end or razor u'll deal more damage than praying that he'll crit

OneEyedKing

03-09-2010

Sounds like fun to me. If you get like 70% Crit chance(easy for a good farmer) that will increase his damage way more than something like Maladay, which is a common item for Warwicks.

Warwick is a good, playable character now, so more people should be brainstorming builds for him.

Necrax

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
i dont see why people even bother with this ****ty champion
he's awesome. and a wolf most importantly.

wildfire393

03-10-2010

This seems terrible. Why? Warwick primarily deals damage with his Ult and his Q. His Q doesn't scale with Crit (obviously), and neither does his Ult. His Ult "attacks" 5 times, but these attacks are simply ability hits that are based off of his attack damage and apply on-hit effects. They do not count fully as attacks, and as such cannot crit.

If you want Warwick's damage to be effective, you either need to stack attack damage, on-hit effects, or both. Items like Malady, Wit's End, the Black Cleaver, and Madred's Bloodrazors provide great on-hit effects and are lethal when applied 5 times in quick succession. For pure damage, you can't go wrong with Bloodthirsters.

AutoSponge

03-10-2010

Madred's is great for late game or against tanks (but who uses R against a tank?). Black Cleaver is a great choice because, unlike most people, you'll actually get to use its ability multiple times for great effect (unless they cleanse). The debuff will also allow teammates to get in some big hits--which if they crit will be epic because the target has no dmg mitigation left.

After that, just stack BF Swords like it's your job.