[Champion Select] Selin, the Shattered Mind

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDeathstalker

03-10-2010

"What are you talking about? only two of us are schizophrenic!"

Although, I started that post before I read all the comments. I for some reason thought there were 3 personalities, 1 sane, the others not. My bad though.

Yes, yes, just post in the big thread when he's all tidied up.

Persequor

03-10-2010

heh, that flavor quote was meant to poke fun at the people who think schizophenia was MPD :P oh well.

i completely changed Selin's skillsets, as you had some very good ideas that i hadn't even thought about. The idea was to make him more consistent, but still keeping the strange playstyle he had before.

TheDeathstalker

03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeathstalker View Post
1 - [40 marks] Original mechanics and elegance
40/40

Divided into:

[4 marks]: Passive.
4/4. Nice. Encourages a wild ride of spellcasts, which is what this guy is all about
[4 marks]: Skill 1.
4/4 I can't even attempt to complain here. Standard spells, yes, but vital and useful, not to mention Disdain having a unique approach
[4 marks]: Skill 2.
4/4. Plenty of useful stuff here, no complaints, only compliments
[4 marks]: Skill 3.
4/4. Great.
[4 marks]: Ultimate.
4/4. Excellent idea, especially with the improved cohesion between the spells. It's just downright badass now.
[20 marks]: Skillset/Playstyle.
20/20. Glad to say, but you NAILED the idea behind unique skillsets. The whole thing just jives.

2 - [10 marks] Role and versatility
10/10

Divided into:

[5 marks]: Does the hero fill its roll well?
5/5 Excellent support caster with teeth.
[5 marks]: Is the hero adaptable?
5/5 As adaptable as can be.

3 - [12 marks] Synergy
12/12

Divided into:

[4 marks]: Skill synergy.
4/4 Aces all around, really. Everything works with everything, just about.
[4 marks]: Ally synergy.
4/4 Hell yes. Imagine Ultimate Delirium along with Nunu's ult. Nothing but pain all around.
[4 marks]: Item synergy.
4/4. On the surface, it's CDR and AP, but Narcissism, assuming it can be self targeted, allows for a potentially badass dps build.

4 - [18 marks] Balance
17/18

Divided into:

[6 marks]: Skill Balance.
5/6. Can something be too awesome? Probably not, but I have to take a point off somewhere.
[6 marks]: Item use Balance.
6/6 Sure, why not.
[6 marks]: Teamwork Balance.
6/6 Yup yup

5 - [10 marks] Theme
10/10

Divided into:

[3 marks]: Does the hero fit in the LoL world?
3/3
[5 marks]: Is the hero original and consistent?
5/5
[2 marks]: Is the heroes Lore (if applicable) creative?
2/2

6 - [10 marks] As A Whole (The judge can give a few extra points based on how much they like the champion as a whole, rather than judging on a specific aspect)
10/10. I'm amazed by the improvement here, it really tightened up into something I could see playing.

Total Score: 99/100
Verdict: Welcome to Round 1
Changes in bold. Great job. Epic job, even...

Persequor

03-11-2010

woo thanks a bunch

Persequor

03-11-2010

updated the tooltips for his narcissism spells to better convey that they can be cast on any allied champion (including himself) and how his ultimate works with his passive.

Ruduen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2010

Certainly sounds like an interesting idea. Can you clarify a couple of things, though?

Passive: Cooldown reduction's easy enough to see, since it ticks down. But how are you supposed to tell when you've got less MP cost on a skill? It seems like a bit of a pain to have to watch your buff bar to tell which skill it is. Likewise, does it linger, so if you don't use that skill, it works for a different one? I think the MP cost thing is what makes it a bit messy.

Warp Reality: Is it a quasi-snare? Can they not move and are automatically pulled closer? Is it a sort of pull in one direction that normally causes them to move closer? Are you stuck in one place when you use it, or can you constantly attract them?

Likewise, I have to admit, I'm not sure how Vitality Boon and Vitality Sap are supposed to stack, and I'm nervous about allowing it to. Normally, buffs have a duration or wear off, but the fact that it stacks on himself combined with the incredibly short cooldown leads to troubles. Normally, a buff used before it's over means it's wasted, but the fact that this buff regenerates MP combined with the fact that it's actually encouraged to be spammed means it might quickly spiral into ridiculous levels.

It's definitely a neat champion on the whole, though, and I must admit that without definite numbers, it's tough to be sure of the balance.

Persequor

03-12-2010

The passive's effect would likely have a visual cue (say, red for psychosis, blue for delirium, green for narcissism) so you dont need to look at your buff bar to find out which tree has the reduced mana costs/cooldowns. the buff would linger until you cast another spell, whereupon it would chance to a different, random personality.

Warp reality is a quasi-snare, and they are pulled to the spot you were where you cast it, and you can move freely (the better to place your cone attack).

the buffs would function sort of like Poppy's paragon of demacia, where you could stack it up if you chain cast it, but without the ultimate up, you will need to cast three spells total, in rapid succession, if you want to stack up the buff on yourself/an ally. without your ultimate, the mana spent casting the spells would outweigh the mana regen over such a short period of time. with the ultimate, its supposed to be spammed, as the mana expenditure is now much lower, thats how i designed it.

if youre unsure about the particulars of the buff stacking mechanic, then its like this:
consider level 5 narcissism, without ultimate

cast 1: target gets 25% mana regen and attack speed.
cast 2: target gets 25% mana regen and attack speed, and 7% movement speed.
cast 3: target gets 50% mana regen and attack speed, and 7% movement speed.
cast 4: target gets 50% mana regen and attack speed, and 14% movement speed.
etc..until 12 casts for a total of 125% mana regen and attack speed, and 42% movement speed.

keep in mind that, without his ultimate up, if there is no innate Cooldown reduction, you have wiggle room of about 1 second to recast vitality sap, or the stack runs out and the total movespeed is lost (3 second cd after first cast, 3 seconds after casting vitality boon, the buff only lasts 7 seconds total).

Passive

03-24-2010

This is really incredible. I hope riot takes a big look at this guy.

Truly wonderful. Good luck in the contest! I'm submitted in there as Jefe.

Really though, this hero rocks.

Persequor

03-26-2010

thanks for the compliment i hope more people see this guy, too.