Sivir question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

03-10-2010

If I'm ever paired with 4 AP-stackers, I forgo auras and build pure DPS. Last Whisper + maybe Brutalizer + Bloodthirsters = massive damage. If your nukers are adept at disabling, especially in an AOE, you can pick off much of the enemy team, almost Twitch-style.

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

I suppose I just don't like telling other people to change their pick, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't, or that they shouldn't.... so I should probably try to fix that sort of comp.

Coincidentally my next game after the one I made the post about was mostly AP again, so I built for dps and did very well, but I also felt like the other team wasn't very good. Perhaps I'll have to dust off rammus until I can afford Alistair. Alistair might get nerfed, but until then hes the best....

Slide

03-10-2010

It basically boils down to, if your going to build for DPS carry, Sivir is not your best choice. Yes it works in low ELo and against teribads. Other then that though, a true carry will work out better and in this particular situation, a tank would be best.

Sivir really doesnt have any "killing" skills, no steroid skills aside from OTH which, as you can plainly tell by looking at it, is balanced around being an aura. No abilities to close distance or for clean escapes and no CC.

Sivir is, above all else, a team player. As soon as you lose that, Sivir is not a good choice.

EDIT @ Sorano: Sorry bud, didnt see the reply.

I was referring to soul shroud. Awful on Sivir in general and teribad as her first item. I wasnt sure what you were trying to say with the second paragraph. Still dont.

Wulgreth

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Sivir really doesnt have any "killing" skills, no steroid skills aside from OTH which, as you can plainly tell by looking at it, is balanced around being an aura. No abilities to close distance or for clean escapes and no CC.
Nothing for clean escapes? What do you call her shield ? Or 25% dodge w/ passive? With OTH, dodge AND shield, sivir is HIGHLY adept at clean escapes. One of the top 5 in game at clean escapes, I would say.

Slide

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulgreth View Post
Nothing for clean escapes? What do you call her shield ? Or 25% dodge w/ passive? With OTH, dodge AND shield, sivir is HIGHLY adept at clean escapes. One of the top 5 in game at clean escapes, I would say.
You would be wrong.

Sivir does not have any ability for clean escapes. No flash, no invis, no leap, no CC.

She does, through a combination of her passive, one of her abilities, her ult and using proper runes and masteries have the ability to get away.

Any one of them in particular will not let you escape, its through building her properly and proper use of 3 of her abilities (passive, shield, stun) that she has any chance of getting away.

The real killer though is, any true chasing champ will get her anyways. So no she doesnt have anything for a clean escape. That doesnt mean she cant get away, but she definately does not have a clean escape ability.

Wulgreth

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
You would be wrong.

Sivir does not have any ability for clean escapes. No flash, no invis, no leap, no CC.

She does, through a combination of her passive, one of her abilities, her ult and using proper runes and masteries have the ability to get away.

Any one of them in particular will not let you escape, its through building her properly and proper use of 3 of her abilities (passive, shield, stun) that she has any chance of getting away.

The real killer though is, any true chasing champ will get her anyways. So no she doesnt have anything for a clean escape. That doesnt mean she cant get away, but she definately does not have a clean escape ability.
Lol, I think YOU would be wrong, not once but thrice over! I already listed the reasons why.

You can list abilities she doesn't have but that doesn't change the fact that she has *3* abilities that DO help greatly and that's more than most champs, if not all. She is CLEARLY top 5 in this area.

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulgreth View Post
Lol, I think YOU would be wrong, not once but thrice over! I already listed the reasons why.

You can list abilities she doesn't have but that doesn't change the fact that she has *3* abilities that DO help greatly and that's more than most champs, if not all. She is CLEARLY top 5 in this area.
People better or equal at escaping:

Kayle
Yi
Alistar
Ryze
Rammus
Anivia
Shaco
Kassadin
Sion
Teemo
Tristana