Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fragglerock

Recruiter

03-09-2010

I build for support almost all the time, but I found in my last game that both my ult and starks was almost useless given my entire team was AP.

My question is, at the point you realize a support build doesn't help the team much, do you just build for straight dps, or say screw it and pick another champ?

AIM7Sparrow

03-09-2010

Quote:
Zingledot:
I build for support almost all the time, but I found in my last game that both my ult and starks was almost useless given my entire team was AP.

My question is, at the point you realize a support build doesn't help the team much, do you just build for straight dps, or say screw it and pick another champ?

What you should be asking yourself is why would you build support if your entire team is AP? I'd never get a starks if I was the only physical carry, there's just no point. It seems like you already know the answer to your question too, no need to create this thread in all honesty.

Fragglerock

Recruiter

03-09-2010

Quote:
Sniperness:
What you should be asking yourself is why would you build support if your entire team is AP? I'd never get a starks if I was the only physical carry, there's just no point. It seems like you already know the answer to your question too, no need to create this thread in all honesty.

I know that building support is wrong, but the question is, am I better off just picking another champ altogether, or does a physical dps build for myself work well enough?

Slide

03-10-2010

If the 4 other members of your team are pure AP nukers, you should pick a tank. Not Sivir.

This is exactly why my second is Alistar. If I get into such a team I will take Alistar and grab soul shroud as well as aegis (amungst my other alistar items).

Team comp is HUGE in this game.

That being said, not all "AP casters" are useless with sivirs support. As far as pushing goes, its just about the same. Why? Well, remember that 40% of your AP is added to your damage when you attack a building. That means that between all that stacked ap, starks and your ult, your building damage will not suffer.

Aside from that I have yet to see ANY champion who doesnt auto attack. So, if you have people who are generally AP casters but would benefit, its still viable. Some of these champs are:

Zilean - Amazing range and only 1 nuke. DPS is actually a vaibale build on him. It actually works incredibly in combination with Sivir. One of the guys I play with most mains zilean and when we team up, he uses a DPS build and we rape face.

Annie - Tibbers becomes an absolute MONSTER under you auras. He does really **** good damage, so adding a whack of attack speed and movespeed to him really ramps up the devastation.

Janna - DPS build on her is more effective then AP anyways. No brainer.

Twisted Fate - The new build will rock with him. But whats currently live works incredibly well. Its REALLy hard to miss a gank when you have +25% movespeed on top of the slow.

And of course, any hybrid champ or non caster that can go AP will benefit from aura sivir.

The only real question here is whether starks is worth it. Sivirs incredibly push is always valuable to the team. Regardless of the lineup. But heres the kicker.For what it gives Sivir alone, its worth the cost. The fact that your caster lineup heals at 6HP a second, attacks a hell of a lot faster and even has some lifesteal to suppliment the regen is all bonus.

In any case, I guess Im going to have to say that it really depends on the game. However if your soloqueuing and cant talk to your team before the game starts, your probably better off playing a tank for 4 casters then anything else.

This question has less to do with Sivir and more to do with proper lineups. 4 casters and 1 dps is NOT a good lineup.

PhoenixBomb

Recruiter

03-10-2010

Actually, if I encountered a team with 4 nukers, I'd encourage one of them to go tank, and then play Sivir. Don't need 4 nukers, and having a tank thrown in there isn't gonna help much when you can't push.

But to answer the OP...uh...maybe Aegis/Soulshroud? If you feel you need to go aura mode. Otherwise just focus on yourself, I guess.

gunsharp

03-10-2010

Having 4 nukers means you probably already lost anyways.

Slide

03-10-2010

Yeah, like I said, 4 pure nukers in a lineup is not a good team.

I also assumed you got stuck with 4 casters on your team due to lack of communication. Either by bugging out, or teammates simply unwilling to talk together. Obviously the first thing you do if you see a 4 caster lineup is try and get them to switch it up.

As to pushing, your nuts Pheonix. 4 Casters and a tank can push just fine. The casters will no doubt have the ability to wipe out creep waves with AoE. You as the tank have the ability to tank the tower. The casters, with their +40% damage to buildings from AP will have no trouble taking it down.

The answer to the OP's questions is do your **** best to fix that lineup. Oh, and never buy a soul shroud on Sivir. ESPECIALLY if you are doing the standard chalice first (and there is no reason not to). Its expensive, you dont need the mana regen and 15% cooldown reduction only makes a big difference to your ult, which is up for nearly every team fight or tower push as it is. Its just not a great item on Sivir.

Sorano

Recruiter

03-10-2010

With 4 Nukers I'd would suggest Soul Shroud first, then Aegis of Legion to support your team. Also, do not underestimate the damage Sivir can do.

Like mentioning playing a tank like Alistair, Malphite, Singed, Amumu, Nunu, Cho'gath also helps with added cc, survivability and more one-shots. Especially with Cho.

Slide

03-10-2010

Quote:
Sorano:
With 4 Nukers I'd would suggest Soul Shroud first, then Aegis of Legion to support your team. Also, do not underestimate the damage Sivir can do.

Like mentioning playing a tank like Alistair, Malphite, Singed, Amumu, Nunu, Cho'gath also helps with added cc, survivability and more one-shots. Especially with Cho.

You dont play Sivir do you.

Sorano

Recruiter

03-10-2010

Quote:
QUICKSLIDE:
You dont play Sivir do you.

Actually, I do play her a lot and do fairly well. I'm not saying go toe-to-toe with melee 3v1, but early and mid game, few can match her harassing and damage with a well aimed Boomerang Blade. I feel she can do enough damage to justify being something else than Aura Slave, though I well always get Stark's or Aegis depending on team comps.

Or maybe I've just been playing against bad players and been fed a lot when going solo mid.