Can I get advice for a TF item build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

I am a fairly new player who uses Twisted Fate most often- and it seems like no matter what item build I try I never come close to the DPS exerted by melee DPS characters.

(I have tried AP and Attack-oriented items to no avail- but maybe I am doing it wrong.)

Thus, as far as I see it TF's abilities and his gold cards in particular are his only redeeming traits- so I have been thinking of going for maximum cooldown reduction.

Is this a good idea? How could I do the other things better? What does cooldown reduction max out at, and do cooldown reduction items stack? And above all, what items would you recommend?

I have been trying Nishar's Tooth (Very likely got the name wrong.) because it helps out attack, ap, and cooldown- but I am not sure that it has been working out well and what I should get afterwards.

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

For maximum damage output, (I mean burst damage what you should do with Cardmaster) you should get a Sheen for first item. You should get this at around level 6-7 and start ganging from then, you are the best ganger in the game with your global teleport so it should be easy gaining some kills with a help form a teammate if needed.

Than you should get Mejai, and after few more kills your Ability Power will be pretty good, than grab a Zhonya and/or Lich bane.

You should be, around 450+ ability 2-3 shotting most of the dps/casters.

If you need some more hp, grab a Rod of Ages.

Viral

03-09-2010

Not really. Mass AP is the way to go right now, but you wait until the patch and things will change. He's getting a complete remake and will be able to go DPS and AP.

There's a great guide on leaguecraft called "Gypsy (A)Powah!" Or something like that.

Ruff Ninja

03-09-2010

I'm having pretty decent success with TF right now using a physical damage build. I basically use wild cards to farm early and harass, but late game I'm just using my gold card for stunning and then spamming my auto on them. I go boots then PD then IE. I get PD first because he's so squishy and the movement speed bonus really helps dodge skillshots and ganks. I'm not sure why you'd build him AP since his abilities aren't too great, but maybe I'll try it out, I've only built him like a physical carry.

Galgus

03-09-2010

I typically like to start with Doran's ring, is this a good idea?

I think it makes TF a bit less vulnerable early game and the mana regen can help to stay in the lane.

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg8705 View Post
I'm having pretty decent success with TF right now using a physical damage build. I basically use wild cards to farm early and harass, but late game I'm just using my gold card for stunning and then spamming my auto on them. I go boots then PD then IE. I get PD first because he's so squishy and the movement speed bonus really helps dodge skillshots and ganks. I'm not sure why you'd build him AP since his abilities aren't too great, but maybe I'll try it out, I've only built him like a physical carry.
er...
using a physical damage build isn't suitable for twisted fate ATM
and your calling his abilities not great? O__o
he's the only character who's constantly called god-tier game changing
and has been banned from tournaments...
why?

cuz his abilities ARE FUGGIN AMAZING!
1. he has his uber long range wild cards
2. PICK A CARD this is THE MOST AMAZING SKILL EVER cuz and once the remake comes out
all 3 cards are vaible, but obviously gold for the stun kills
AP gold -> 1. ur stunned 2. hey where'd half of ur health go? -> wild card -> no need for auto attacks

3. gate... insta-teleport to ANYWHERE ON THE MAP for a gank... this this... this...
4. A global reveal AND SLOW AND A SPEED BOOST ON GATE TO TELEPORT FOR MORE GANKS

wut? how are his skills even close to "not great"
and even after the remake:
he still can pull golds, still has his wild cards, can still insta reveal (although this tells the world you're gating) and has a better passive (+gold for ur team) and jsut as much utility

AP Twisted fate CAN and WILL eat your face off

Galgus

03-09-2010

What is this "remake" you speak of?

Ruff Ninja

03-09-2010

yeah i guess i'm not playing him very well. i was just looking at him as a physical damage with a sweet stun but haven't really tried AP build. actually just joined a game and planned on trying it but then after i picked TF all 4 of my teammates chose range.. so i switched to mord and raped face (17-2). still gotta try the ap tf tho

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
What is this "remake" you speak of?
A remake for TF has been in the test realms for a while and his skills have been changed/tweaked to make him less "OP" probably coming out in the next patch
(hopefully tomorrow)
And i think there's a thread in the general discussion talking about it:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=72208