Counter Trynd as...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masterhummel

05-06-2011

Hello, i need some advice how to counter an average tryndamere in mid and lategame.
I usually try to get dmg and use cc/exhaust until rage ends and i can finish him. But it's pretty hard to do that on a champ who has a jump, a slow and maybe a flash and/or gohst.

As tank or hp-dependent char i go for a thornmail and 160 to 200 armor resistance but didn't help much actually. Trynd goes in rage, kill me, whirl to the next and uses q + 2 bloodthristers to recover his health.

Sure Guardian Angel is an option, but it takes a slot and the most teams are heavy hp-releated so there's a good chance that they still stand and beat the **** out of you after ressurection.

I don't want to complain (I guess i'm doing it wrong) but in the most cases, trynd is the char who costs us the win cuz we can't do anything about him. Any suggestions?

Aynia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

Thornmail is a trap. Something like Frozen Heart or Randuins decreases Tryn's damage output much more effectively.

plastikman

05-06-2011

Once he's farmed just make sure you don't run him solo, he will rape you silly. Stick together, cc him and dps him down, that way he will have to waste his ulti and be useless till it comes up again or he dies.

Stopping him is about teamplay

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

Get a CC-machine on your team, like Blitz.

Focus him, make Blitz keep him CCed for the entire duration of his 5 second ulti, and grab him from the otherside of the wall when he spins over a wall.

atsmith893

05-06-2011

Hard CC is the best way to counter tryn.

Masterhummel

05-06-2011

First post was quite useful, thanks. I will try Frozen Heart and Randuins Omen the next time instead of thornmail. The other posts are not that useful. Sure, you have to cc trynd if possible, but deal with trynd five seconds long while your team get raped by his teammates can't be the solution.

Aynia

05-06-2011

The thing is, if Tryn has reached that point, it's probably already over. He's considered to be one of the game's hardest carries should you let him get that far.

Omen is especially useful, the warden's mail is builds out of means it's effective much sooner than a frozen heart.