Irelia worth a sale purchase?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Dread

05-06-2011

Irelia is on sale this weekend. She's a champ I've never been really interested in. I tend to play tanks and support most often and I have several bruisers / off tanks I already if I want to play that role. She also seems to be squarely in the bulls eye for a tanky DPS nerf.

None the less I am considering buying her. She does seem to be strong and for ranked it never hurts to own popular champs so you can pick for your team mates.

What's your opinion on Irelia? Is she worth owning? I don't expect to play her a lot which makes me question the purchase.

TheUntzBus33

05-06-2011

She is DEFINITELY worth owning. Sure there are whispers these days of nerfing her, but regardless, she will remain a great champion.

She does fit into the offtank/brusier roll, but deals a considerable amount of damage. She is a GREAT solo champion as she can restore tons of health and farm minions very effectively. A farmed Irelia can change games. She is difficult to control, deals both AD and AP damage, a situational stun/slow, CC mitigation, self heals, and can close gaps easily. She takes a bit to get the hang of, but can be a very powerful addition to any team.

Nickicksu

05-06-2011

she totally is worth owning.. you can barely counter her, even if you get 200's of armor and magic resist Irelia can just build AS and own you with her Hiten Style.. plus her ulti is so underrated, it's what keeps you going during teamfights + givse a bit of extra damage needed to kill them in a burst.. yeah she can BURST with triforce AND give sustained dps with her W + autoattacks. crazy

Dane Dread

05-06-2011

Well if she has lane sustainability through heals, cc and cc mitigation and is somewhat challenging to play, I may end up playing her more than I initially thought. Easy champs kind of bore me quickly. I used to play a lot of Tristana but it gets boring going into every fight right click, q, e, wait for health bar to disappear, repeat.

Pyrinoc

05-06-2011

Irelia is worth a purchase anytime. Incredibly fun champion.

Tokinatoor

05-06-2011

My favorite 6300 I ever bought...

Dane Dread

05-06-2011

Wow. Best purchase I've made in LOL. I only played one bot game so farjust to get used to her controls Most fun bot game ever. I can't wait to get up to speed for some normal games.

Thanks for the advice everyone.