Runes for Tanks/casters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xisticks

03-09-2010

Due to I am playing many heroes I havent make a runebook just for one hero.

I have already finished the first runebook for heros that depends on their dmg/crit/attack speed etc.

But i like playing tanks and some casters,so I would like,if someone knows good to tell me what runes should i use to make a nice tanking/casters runebook.

Ty,looking forward for your answer.

Sarpati

03-09-2010

For casters that benefit from cooldown reduction (most of them):

Marks: Insight;
Glyphs: Focus or Celerity (becomes as good as Focus at level 13)*;
Seals: Focus, Shielding, Evasion, Resilience, Clarity, Vitality, Regeneration or Knowledge**;
Quints: Focus or Insight.

*If your caster of choice doesn't benefit much from CDR, I'd go Shielding.

**Seals vary a lot because the offensive ones aren't that good (2.61% CDR for instance), and the defensive ones are all good depending on champions and situations. Ryze, for instance, may benefit from Knowledge (up to 189.54 mana), whereas for most casters things like Vitality or Evasion are the way to go.

Tanks are very similar. Defensive Marks aren't too good so there's not much to worry about here (although you can still get up to 11.34 MR or 8.19 Armor) and I prefer to focus on offense. For Glyphs I like Shielding (24.3 MR) or Focus/Celerity. For Seals, the choices are the same (I like Evasion or Resilience). And for Quints you can't go wrong with Resilience, Warding/Shielding, Evasion or even Swiftness (Singed).

Also note that this is purely my opinion. A lot of people suggest things like Flat HP runes (Fortitude) but I prefer per level as they break even at level 5, where they still make a difference. I am sure for high ELO play, Fortitude is a great level 1 gank deterrent, though. And if you stack them with flat HP quints, you can have some great early game advantage.

xisticks

03-09-2010

Thank you very much for ur time mate.Very usefull,i will serious think about what u say.
I want to ask u if u can tell me,2 kind of runes to put so i have bigger benefits,i dont want to have many and small benefits from many kind of runes in one runebook.
I mostly like singed/nunu/amumu and from casters Ryze,veigar

Sarpati

03-09-2010

I don't play Nunu or Amumu but Singed benefits from Swiftness (movement speed) quints, and the rest of his runes don't really matter that much, but I'd go with Glyphs of Shielding and Seals of Defense for the build I run. And for Marks, Insight.

That, of course, is 4 effects, but that's that's the only way to min/max your runes, as each type (except for quints) has its own focus.

For these casters, it's easier. Marks of Insight, Glyphs of Celerity/Focus, Seals of Focus and Quints of Celerity/Focus. If you go for the per level runes, that's a total of 8.55 M. Pen and 17.73% CDR. Both Veigar and Ryze benefit from CDR to great effect, and you can achieve the 40% cap with masteries and a 15% item, or be at 36.73% with a 10% one. But if it was me, I'd discard these seals and get 39.69% CDR with a 15% item.

If Nunu and Amumu benefit from CDR, you can probably use the same runes as the ones for Veigar and Ryze (I know they both do magic damage so Marks of Insight aren't a bad choice).

wildfire393

03-09-2010

General caster set-up:

Marks - Magic Penetration. Gives the best increase to spelldamage output
Glyphs - Cooldown reduction. With a 9/0/21 set-up, this brings you to ~15%, making it easy to hit the cap of 40%
Seals - MP/5 (I prefer flat, because by the time you hit a level where per level overtakes flat you'll have some MP/5 from items generally and it isn't as important, while the first few levels are very important)
Quints - Flat HP

Best Defensive Set-up:

Seals - Dodge
Glyphs - MR/level
Quints - Flat HP
Marks - Flat MR