Alistar rune page - what to get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombie Irwin

03-09-2010

I wanna get into playing a tank but am not sure what to get for runes. What do people find is most effective? Armor/dodge? Flat hp? Is it worth getting CDR on alistar?

Slide

03-09-2010

Yup those all work.

I also find Attack speed helps quite a bit with his farming. Full marks will put his attack speed on par with every other champion early game.

For Alistar it really depends on your build but you cant go wrong with attack speed marks, flat hp seals and quints and cooldown glyphs.

AutoSponge

03-09-2010

140 wins on alistar. You want blue and yellow clarity, red arnor pen and quits either gold, move, or more armor pen.

Zombie Irwin

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Yup those all work.

I also find Attack speed helps quite a bit with his farming. Full marks will put his attack speed on par with every other champion early game.

For Alistar it really depends on your build but you cant go wrong with attack speed marks, flat hp seals and quints and cooldown glyphs.
Just wish those **** flat hp quints didn't cost so much 100hp late game seems pretty minuscule. Alistar seems to be tough early game naturally - would armor quints actually be better for mid/late game, since its about 13 armor, and it wouldn't take many attacks for that to prevent more than 100 dmg?

Jorana

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Irwin View Post
Just wish those **** flat hp quints didn't cost so much 100hp late game seems pretty minuscule. Alistar seems to be tough early game naturally - would armor quints actually be better for mid/late game, since its about 13 armor, and it wouldn't take many attacks for that to prevent more than 100 dmg?
For the flat 100 quints, it's not about late game, it's early game. Facing an 700+ hp Alistar at level 1 early game is freakin' scary. Good luck trying to DPS down until much later.

Slide

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorana View Post
For the flat 100 quints, it's not about late game, it's early game. Facing an 700+ hp Alistar at level 1 early game is freakin' scary. Good luck trying to DPS down until much later.
Bingo

Autosponge had some good advice too.

Zombie Irwin

03-09-2010

I only say late game because hes already a beast early game, but I guess I can see how you could play much more aggressively early on with those.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

Alistar is really only vulnerable from lvls 1-5. Once you get ult just keep enough mana and your golden (no not the skin, but that 2).
My favorite rune set-up to run on him is:
armor pen red, clarity yellow, flat cooldown blue (with 1 cooldown per lvl blue), and 3 movement speed quints.
Then i go 9/0/21 to hit 9% cd on masteries, and get a nice movespeed bonus. There are many many other ways to play him, but that tends to work the best for me if I had to baseline my mixed play with him over the course of 400+ games.

Zombie Irwin

03-09-2010

Cool everyone thanks for the advice. I have a good idea on where to take him now. Starting with the armor pen runes. I usually start with mana manipulator if I lane with a partner who can use it... seems to be a strong first item.