Ashe vs Cait

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcidJiles

05-06-2011

Playing ashe quite a bit as an ad carry in ranked about 1500 elo. Both in mid and in a duo lane the only char I have real issues with atm is Cait. Due to her general range, high dmg and Q range I often get badly zoned out and I can only farm effectively if I have a decent supporting janna/soraka on the duo lane or a decent jungler ganking mid if I am facing her there. Unfortunately team comp is often not what it could be at this elo.

Any advice on mitigating these issues when I do find myself against cait without decent team comp?

TehKaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

I play Cait almost exclusively for when we need a ranged AD carry. From my experience, I found that it is very easy to dodge her Q if you can understand and see her spell animation. That split second it takes to fire does a word of difference. Your Volley, however, takes no time to cast at all. So as soon as you see her use her Q, which is the majority of her damage, go in and volley, frost arrows, and get a few hits in. With Frost Arrows on, you'll attack faster than she does, hopefully, putting out more damage than she does. Before level 6, play defensively, watch her buff marking on her passive. Attack her enough to get it up to 8, and then back off. Rinse and repeat. Then, when you have your ult up, you should be able to take her no problem because your ult > than hers. If you have a jungler (you should almost always have one), ask for more frequent ganks. Threaten him with the possibility of feeding a Cait if he doesn't, and if he's got any kind of brain, he'll help you out.

It's early, so I'm sorry if something in there doesn't make sense, but I hope I've helped.

Neallys

05-06-2011

Cait is really strong early/mid game, Ashe become really strong late game.

The best you can during the laning phase is farm farm and farm, you probably won't kill her alone.
If she harras you with her Q it means that she's gonna push the lane, which makes her a perfect target for your jungler.

atsmith893

05-06-2011

As ashe you should crit with your first hit and maintain a very aggressive posture from this point. Due to how fragile you are as ashe this is where you are either successful or not. Take advantage from this early lead and begin zoning/denying.

With the normal crit/volley/hit combo from lvl 1 you should be knocking most champions down to half HP. From this point simply continue moving around, dodging her Q.

Boots 1 are excellent espeically if you are mid. Not only will they allow you to dodge her Q more easily, but it will allow you to catch her to land some hits through the laning phase.