announcer is confusing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zraikas

08-27-2009

In the first matches I played it was very confusing to hear the announcer say "red team is.." and "blue team ..", because i dont see a blue team, im GREEN and the other team is RED, no matter if Im the red or the blue team.

Ive played around 10 matches so far, and still I have to look on the map if Im red or blue, because I discovered that the red team is the team on top and the blue team on bottom of the map.

For me, it would be easier to hear the announcer say "YOUR TEAM has destroyed a turret" and "THE ENEMY TEAM has..."

OneSilverBullet

08-27-2009

I know it's tough to hear the same thing over and over again, but as betas, it's important you understand the project is a work in progress - and changes to the announcer and announcer system are coming soon. The current announcer is a placeholder - a quick version used to test the system and implementation.

No one's more annoyed hearing 'OWNED' a million times than us - seriously

Zraikas

08-27-2009

Ok, thanks.
I just wanted to let you know what I noticed

OneSilverBullet

08-27-2009

It's all good - just writing to pre-kill another announcer thread

Sazabi02

09-03-2009

Haha.. Having been into the game just today I was about to point this out. XD

Good to hear that it's all only temporary. Would be great to hear sounds played only on gamebreaking events or when cool stuff happens then hearing it play every time someone gets a kill. (And with this game, there's almost always a kill around every half minute.)

AlRokerSurprise

09-04-2009

hehe, glad i saw this b/c i wanted to complain about the announcer, as well