[Champion Suggestion] Lucius, The Emperor of the Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yamishikaku

05-05-2011

This is a champion concept I've been toying with. Constructive criticism and comments would be appreciated

There is a place between dimensions, between worlds. To some it is known as the Outside, to others it is the Unknown. To those that truly know, however, it is called the Void. Despite its name, the Void is not an empty place, but rather the home of unspeakable things - horrors not meant for minds of men. There are those unfortunate souls that have stumbled upon its secrets and have been consumed by its malice. The League has seen two, thus far, and has two voidborn enter its ranks. But neither of these can match to the power and fear that the "Emperor" brings. Born as a denizen of Demacia, Lucius was one of the finest soldiers that Demacia has ever brought. Serving as the right-hand of Jarvan I, he defended his country against all invaders. Yet he was also a bloodthirsty warrior, who longed for the next battle. His bloodlust eventually led to him lead an expedition, from which he nor his team returned. Lucius is said to have accidentally ventured into the void during a a quest. Instead of becoming consumed by the void or driven mad, the blood-hungry warrior fought for his life, in a fervor he had never experienced. Eventually, he absorbed some of the essence of the void, and further strengthened himself, becoming the self-proclaimed ruler of the void. His power led him to become bored with the voidborn and thus forth, he journeyed to Runeterra, where he lent his services to the League, to find enjoyment on the fields of justice.

"The terror that I bring is nothing to what his glare can produce." Cho'Gath, The Terror of the Void

Abilities:

Passive:
Voidling Empowerment: Time spent in the void has allowed Lucius to empower his weapons. After 10 spell casts, his next ability cast has an extra effect

• Emperor's Bloodlust: He receives an instant heal upon toggling, up to 5% of his max health
  • Voidling Impalement: Lucius stuns his target for 1 second
  • Voidborn Rage: Deal bonus damage based upon a % of target's max health

Q:
Emperor's Bloodlust:
Toggle: Lucius's innate rage and lust for battle allows him to heal off every attack
Rage he has inherited during his time in the void allows his abilities to heal him.
CD: 10/10/10/10/10
Lifesteal:5%/8%/10%/12%/15%
Spellvamp: 10%/12%/15%/18%/20%
note: this is designed to provide him some sustainability, but as a toggle, with a cooldown, make it so he can't life steal, switch, use an ability, the switch back to keep his constant life steal. I still see problems, so if anyone agrees with this being OP, i will again change it.

W:
Voidling Impalement: Lucius impales his target with his spear, dealing damage.
mana cost: 50/60/70/80/100
CD: 20/18/16/14/12
Damage: 75/150/200/250/350 (+ 0.4 per attack damage)

E:
Voidborn Rage: Lucius launches voidborn energy from his spear that silences target for a duration.
mana cost: 80/90/100/110/120
CD: 18/15/12/9/8
Damage: 100/150/200/250/300 (+ 0.8 per ability power) (changed from 100/200/300/400/500)
Silence Duration: 1/1.2/1.4/1.6/2

R:
Wrath of the Void: Lucius launches energy from the void to a target location, which absorbs surrounding matter. The energy channels for 4 seconds, then explodes into an area of void lighting, dealing damage to surrounding enemy units for a duration
mana cost: 100/200/300
CD:180/150/120
Damage: 200/400/600 (+ 0.6 per bonus ability power and 0.4 per bonus attack damage)

suggestions to changes would be appreciated, as well as comments, and if someone could draw well, can u help me with concept art for him. I have an idea but other concept arts would be appreciated

edit: some of his skills were a little, or very, op, so I will change a few of them. further critiques would be enjoyed

edit2: tweaked around some more, thnx to FatalFactor and Twylight21 for pointing out the similarity to kayle's passive, but no ideas for that as of now

edit3: changed his passive around, hope the community likes it and IS unique

chibin

05-06-2011

Even in that cooldown, the ult is quite OP, IMO. But me like. +1

DictaterTots

05-06-2011

His skill set seems way to OP to me. He has a self heal, a pull, a silence, passives that grants him bonus ap/ad, attack speed, and heal. AND you are want his ult to do 750 base damage as aoe, with no channel, and it scales with ap/ad. So basically you have a hero here who can do the jobs of nunu, blitzcrank, xin zhao, etc.

Yamishikaku

05-06-2011

alright, so his skills have been reworked... a bit. hopefully won't be as OP now

FatalFactor

05-06-2011

he still seems pretty op to me and his passive seems like it is the same as kayles

Twylight21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-06-2011

Overall I really like this concept, but it is still op. I love the effects and concept of the moves, but the numbers are still too high. For example his e has way too high base damage, especially combined with a ratio as high as .8. I would suggest either bringing that down to around 200 with the same ratio or maybe .9, or bring it to around 300 with something like a .6 or .7 ratio.

I love his q too especially with the cooldown. That's a really good idea, but I would again suggest maybe scaling those down a bit. Maybe down to 15% lifesteel max level and 20% spell vamp max level. That seems a little more manageable. Maybe that would need to be brought down a touch more if they actually made him.

As for his ultimate, I quite like this as well, although 5 seconds is a long time. It would be extremely difficult to land, unless it's a pull like someone said they thought it was. The image of this ultimate that I have is like nunu's ult, the difference being that you can place it instead of channeling it yourself. I think it could have a slow that isn't quite as severe as the one nunu's has since it wouldn't be able to be interrupted (unless you made it so that he still channeled it, but from a short distance away instead of at it's center). I also think the damage is pretty severe, especially with it getting a combined total from ap and ad. Nunu's ultimate does so much damage because it is so easy to interrupt if you have a cc, lucius' won't be like that. I would suggest dropping the base damage to 400-500 depending on how big the aoe would be, and giving it the higher value of .7ish ap or 1 per ad but not the combined total. That would scale the damage down to where it shouldn't be too out of control.

Sorry I went on for more than I meant to, but I hope my suggestions were useful. Also on a side note to the one who mentioned it. You are correct. His passive is exactly the same as kayle's. OP might want to take a look at that and see if you can come up with some even just slightly different.

Yamishikaku

05-06-2011

So, I used Kayle once, back when I first started, so I totally forgot her passive. However, since u mentioned it, I looked it up and it is indeed the same, which wasn't my intention. The only difference between Kayle gains the bonus off all sources where my champ is only getting the bonus off of items. But still not as unique as I would like. For the ultimate, I thought to make it more like stupidly powerful, but still relatively easy to avoid, which is why I decided not to put a slow to it. Gonna tweak some numbers around