Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Most boring champ to play besides Sion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Dread

05-06-2011

I'll go against the flow and say ranged carries and AP casters with little utility are boring. Right clicking or using the same spell combo every fight is boring. I like champions that require a little thought on when and where you need to be using abilities. They also seem to be the champs that can change the course of a game the most.

Ryze running in and button mashing is expected and the same every time. It won't turn the tide of a fight unless he fails to do it. So playing a disabler, knowing who the threat is and wrecking them when the fight starts can give your team a huge advantage.

This makes Sion not boring because you don't necessarily want to throw that stun on the first enemy in range. You save it for their carry, to disable someone with a powerful ult (nunu, fiddle, kat, etc), or get a teammate out of trouble.

Cerubois

05-06-2011

I'm laughing as I'm ripping **** up with Sion.

Soraka, thou... zzzzzz

Spluuge

05-06-2011

While AP Sion is little besides his one two combo I still enjoy the lane dominance, but what's really enjoyable is AD Sion. While slower to ramp up and a lot more difficult it's really a blast.

The most boring champ by far is Sona, just spam abilities it doesnt matter. Don't even have to target anything.

Dane Dread

05-06-2011

This thread illustrates why having a diversity of viable champs is good. Different people enjoy different play styles.

H34DCR4B

05-06-2011

Veigar could possibly be considered boring to play. For the whole early game and decently far into mid, you have to just keep last hitting with Baleful to build up your AP. There isn't much room for any PvP (that you want to live though) until you get at least 300-400 AP, so you have to play very defensively and keep farming up your AP, one by one.

However, late game is a whole other story. >=) Once you get your (expensive) core items built and stack AP like jenga blocks, He'll be 1 shotting casters with his ulti and nuking everyone else for at least half of their HP. But for the first 20-30 minutes or so, farming and squishiness abounds.

ShallowJam

05-06-2011

Ashe. She has one skill and an ult.

ZehNetoBR

05-06-2011

I just can't disagree anymore with what some of the peeps here said.

1st) Kayle is a great champion. She (yea, that's a girl) can perform more than just one role, which means she's versatile. Sometimes you'll just keep harassing with her E; sometimes you'll use her Q to save a partner or to chase someone; others you'll keep using your W, R and Q for supporting, defensive playing; and eventually you'll spam your W, eventually pop your R and Ghost/Flash to get that overfed, game-breaking enemy champion that is escaping with less than 100 hp. Yes, I already did all of that with Kayle and she was superb;

2nd) Nasus is so flexible he can mold well in more team combinations than any other champion I can remember now. You can either be a damage-dealer, a tanker or a pusher, while doing good in any of those roles. Sure, there are other champs that might beat him in one of whatever function he goes, but how many can actually perform ALL of them?

3rd) Soraka's not supposed to be an attacker; she's a supporter and a pusher. Her Q allows her to farm a lot and helps her pushing. Not to mention her skills are all very helpful during a massive teamfight. She might not be appealing or flashy, but she's definitely worth the try;

Watatsumi Mikoto

05-06-2011

Anivia. She is no longer viable as idiots keep q.q'ing about her 'outrageous' burst... which is no longer a problem, and the nerfing of her egg. She is officially the most boring champ to play.

TehKaster

05-06-2011

Quote:
bakatobaka:
Anivia. She is no longer viable as idiots keep q.q'ing about her 'outrageous' burst... which is no longer a problem, and the nerfing of her egg. She is officially the most boring champ to play.

Anivia's burst damage is still there, I think. She's extremely fun to play. Idiots QQ about her egg "nerf" because they're too reckless to begin with and die in mid because they weren't aware or careful enough. They don't deserve to play her anyway. >.>

/rant. Sorry, I had to defend her. She's mah fav. -__-

Also, I think Nasus is incredibly fun. Think of his SS as a game. You last hit with it, you win! And as a reward, you get stronger.

12AngryKneeGrows

05-06-2011

Yi and Trynd seem extremely boring. Go in auto attack and that's about it.