Is the metagame back to pushing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Markcf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

I'm seeing pushing have a large effect in team choices, play styles, etc. It was like that when I started, but then for a while it seemed to shift into these huge mid pushes, anyone else noticing this shift? Will it make characters like sivir and teemo more viable? Or am I just crazy?

meneroth2

05-05-2011

well sivir will never be valuable but because of the tanky DPS guys coming into prominence they tend to be really good in team fights but not much for mobility so teams tend to adapt by pushing multiple lanes and denying the tanky DPSers the ability to get in thier element.

so, yea, i would say the meta is starting to go towards highly mobile teams with good pushing abilities. this is only really because tanky DPS is too much of a problem for most teams to face unless they want to go tanky themselves, which people dont really seem to enjoy for some reason out in normal que.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

It's a direct result of the minions becoming more capable of dealing significant damage to towers earlier in the game, as part of Riot's goal to shorten average game times. Champions who were already good at pushing AND having enough damage to knock down towers got better indirectly, while other champions who can clear minions really well but had poor tower-killing ability for whatever reason became better at pushing as well.

Basically, more teams appear to be carrying teleport so they get to whatever lane needs to be moved/defended against quicker to better exploit the minion buffs.

This can be a good or bad thing if you're playing Normal soloqueue as a lot of players there still don't understand that standing in a group of 5 in mid isn't going to do anything when an enemy Sivir is knocking top down just to teleport to bot when you even hint you're coming up there. Many players are still stuck on the "we have to win straight-up 5v5 fights to do anything" mentality.